Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

22 weeks and still not felt any movement

(14 Posts)
needahugbug Tue 05-Jul-16 13:34:44

This is my first baby and I'm a bit concerned as I haven't felt any movement or kicks. I have a smallish bump starting to come through although it could be mistaken for just eating too many chocolate bars.
Is anyone else in the same position with regards not feeling any movement this late? Xx

Imnotaslimjim Tue 05-Jul-16 13:40:26

Have you got an anterior placenta by any chance? If so, it really reduces how much move you feel. If not, I wouldn't worry just yet, you will probably feel it soon

missybct Tue 05-Jul-16 14:40:34

Yes - I was. And I didn't have an anterior placenta. I was going bonkers as everybody seemed to know exactly what was happening and when.

Are you a first time Mum? Remember it is a great deal harder to feel kicks and know exactly what they are when your not used to it, and also, your baby could be facing a different way.

I started feeling baby at around 24 weeks, but it was sporadic, and even now my baby isn't as active as some people due the same time as me. If I'm right in thinking, let your midwife know around 24 weeks if you've still not felt anything, but please do try not to worry. Presumably all was well at your 20 week scan?

needahugbug Tue 05-Jul-16 14:55:50

Yes all was well at my 20 week scan they said my placenta was high anterior??. I'm just worried that I'm not going to be able to feel anything the whole way through and that's one of the parts I was really looking forward to. I suppose the main thing is baby is healthy. Thanks for your replies

missybct Tue 05-Jul-16 15:50:07

Ah, if you've got an anterior placenta it is definitely common to have not felt movement at 22 weeks.

Everyone I've met with an anterior placenta recently has felt movement, so please don't worry - you're likely to feel something but may be a bit delayed.

I wish you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy flowers

Pearlman Tue 05-Jul-16 15:59:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

needahugbug Tue 05-Jul-16 16:24:43

The baby didn't really move much on the scan but it was after lunch so the sonographer said it was probably sleeping and no I didn't hear any
Loving around just the heartbeat. Trust me to get a lazy baby smile

LeSquigh Tue 05-Jul-16 17:00:28

I had an anterior placenta and I didn't feel my baby move until the last few weeks when he would push his limbs. He stayed in one place throughout the whole of my pregnancy bar one brief side swap that lasted about 5 mins until he decided to return to his comfy spot. He is now 5 and equally as lazy. smile

fruityb Tue 05-Jul-16 17:02:06

I have anterior placenta and didn't really feel much at all till about 27 weeks. Now it doesn't stop!

needahugbug Tue 05-Jul-16 17:24:28

Ha ha thanks for your replies LeSquigh and fruityb they made me laugh. I just hope when the baby comes it will be as lazy and sleep through the night

fruityb Tue 05-Jul-16 17:29:43

Seriously the little bigger beats the crap out of me on a regular basis! But I didn't feel a huge amount till later on. I feel much more comforted by it now, I get it makes you nervous as everyone asks all the time!

2yummymummy2 Tue 05-Jul-16 17:44:33

Have you just had your 20 week scan then?
Try drinking some lucozade

Beansprout30 Wed 06-Jul-16 07:42:17

I have an anterior placenta and didn't feel anything obvious till at least 24 weeks and then regular movement after 30 weeks. Try not to worry, towards the end of your pregnancy you will definitely feel and see baby move. I love lying in bed and just watching my belly ripple where she's wriggling away, freaky but cute!

2nds Wed 06-Jul-16 07:45:36

My eldest was very lazy until the evenings in tri 3 when all of a sudden she would just spring to life for an hour or two. She's still a great sleeper and lazy lol and she's 3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now