Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hormones or justified...

(4 Posts)
Vb87 Tue 05-Jul-16 07:35:05

I had a scan done at 16 weeks to check the length of my cervix and they also took a little peak at the baby and printed me off a copy. I took a pic of it and sent it my mum.

My mum was at work (she's a nurse) and she asked one of the doctors if they could sex the baby from that scan picture.

She told me this on Saturday and said the dr couldn't tell because the scan wasn't clear enough and she knew I'd go mad but she couldn't help herself.

I went mental!!! How dare she be so invasive and try to find out the sex of MY baby before me and my husband?!?!

Was the bollocking well deserved or am I being hormonal??

Also she told us we need to think of a different name if we have a boy as she doesn't like our choice!!

NameChange30 Tue 05-Jul-16 07:40:58

The answer is very simple. Stop discussing the pregnancy with her, stop telling her what names you're thinking of, and stop sending her scan photos.

Slave2thecat Tue 05-Jul-16 10:06:37

That's justified!

Tough if she doesnt like your name choice. Not her choice but do step back from involving her if she's going to cross the line like this.,

Flossiesmummy Tue 05-Jul-16 10:27:16

Well out of order. I'd be fuming too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now