Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

jerky tremor like movements at 38+6

(10 Posts)
LimesMum Sat 02-Jul-16 22:24:14

Recently baby has been making sudden shaky/jerky/tremor like movements that last a few seconds but otherwise seems to be active and moving as she has been normally

Has anyone else had this? It's not like the hiccup type feeling - she does that too but this is different

Hopefully it's nothing serious or maybe she is just trying to get out?!

sambababy Sun 03-Jul-16 04:42:32

Yes I had this recently with DC2 (now 3wks old) and I think DC1 too. My guess is it's something to do with them running out of room. If it happens a lot you could always mention it to the midwife for reassurance.

sambababy Sun 03-Jul-16 04:44:18

Yes I had this recently with DC2 (now 3wks old) and I think DC1 too. My guess is it's just something to do with them running out of room, but I see why you're concerned because it does feel a bit frantic. If it happens a lot though you could always mention it to the midwife for reassurance.

sambababy Sun 03-Jul-16 04:44:54

Whoops double post

scoobyloobyloo Sun 03-Jul-16 05:46:28

Think it's them playing with the umbilical cord. Had it with both my oregnancies and they're both fine smile

8DaysAWeek Sun 03-Jul-16 06:10:59

Yes I've had that a few times, 36+4 now. It's quite alarming - like he's having some sort of fit in there confused not sure what it is though! He's fine the rest of the time...

IamChipmunk Sun 03-Jul-16 07:54:19

Yes same here 36+ 4, I think it's just because they are running out of space.
as long as they r still moving as 'normal' too, I wouldn't worry.

GrimmauldPlace Sun 03-Jul-16 08:01:38

I had this exact sensation when I was 37 weeks. I spoke to the midwife who said it's quite common and means baby is getting a bit squashed in there and is probably trying to wriggle it's way in to a more comfy position. I wasn't sure about that explanation because the movements felt way too fast to just be wriggling. But DD was born perfectly healthy a week later so I think she was definitely running out of room.

Goingtobeawesome Sun 03-Jul-16 08:05:06

Any change in movements should be checked out. Jerky movements sound panicky to me.

Andbabymakesthree Sun 03-Jul-16 09:55:55

Agree any changes in movements need to be checked out. Ring delivery

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now