Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wanting another baby

(9 Posts)
Gemmyloupoo Sat 02-Jul-16 18:25:22

Hi guys, just after some opinions really. We currently have a 7 month old little girl, who is in general a "good baby" and I'm considering trying for a second. I had a good pregnancy with my LG and a relatively easy birth (I was induced and ended up having a section but it all went smoothly) my worry is have I given my body long enough to recover and how do you cope with two small people? It's tough enough with one.
Thank you all.

Saku Sat 02-Jul-16 19:44:53

I think it is too early.. but it is totally my opinion...
I feel most of the women including me.. get very tempted to go through the beautiful pregnancy journey .. and have the wonderful feeling again..

but it is not about your body is ready or not... it about your LG she will still need your time..
trust me you will learn many things (parenting bits) which will be helpful with second child.. and may be not available if hurried up.

bobbinpop Sat 02-Jul-16 19:53:32

I think you should leave longer after a section to avoid unnecessary risks. Personally, i would wait a while in case it's a multiple birth!

It's such a different experience with more than one baby/child, so I would give it a lot of thought. If the second one doesn't sleep well, you'll be knackered as you'll have to stay awake in the daytime to look after DC1.

All depends on the situation though, and your age. Only you and your partner can really judge what you feel is best!

LynseyH5 Sat 02-Jul-16 19:58:27

I gave birth to my 3rd child when my 2nd was only 10 months old...and it was planned! I did worry if my body would cope but the doctor reassured me my body wouldn't have allowed the pregnancy if it wasn't ready.
Wouldn't change a thing. They are now 3 and 4 yrs old and I'm 8 weeks with number 4.

chloechloe Sat 02-Jul-16 20:58:29

I had a CS with my first and was told to wait a year before getting pregnant again. Personally I think that you spend 9 months being pregnant and you should give yourself and your body time to get over it. I got pregnant with my second a few weeks after DD turned 1. I didn't want a big gap between them and also didn't want to wait due to my age and fertility problems. But I'm really glad I spent that first year concentrating on my little girl.

Gemmyloupoo Sun 03-Jul-16 07:34:55

Thank you for your replies guys, it's interesting to hear from others. I change my mind on a daily basis, I love my LG so very much (as every parent does) and wouldn't want her "suffer" as a result in another baby. I also worry about my age, 32 at the moment so don't want to leave it years before we have another. I think i will leave it and see what happens 😊

bonzo77 Sun 03-Jul-16 08:03:26

32 is young!! I had my first at 32, second at 35 and third 3 weeks before I was 38.

They said wait 12 months before trying after my first cs. Having said that I have at least one friend who was pregnant well before a year after their CS. if you think you'll want a vbac though leave it longer to improve the healing of the scar.

divadee Sun 03-Jul-16 08:46:40

Well I've waited 18 years between my two (currently 9 weeks with second!)

I wouldnt wait that long but 7 months is nothing. Enjoy the time with your little one! You still have a lot of firsts to get through etc....

Oysterbabe Sun 03-Jul-16 08:57:12

I know it's tempting, I feel the same and my DD is only 6 months. Try and be patient. I think once they are mobile they get a lot trickier! I'll be waiting until she's at least 18 months so that she gets a couple of years of my undivided attention. I'm 35.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now