Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34+3 and tightenings!

(8 Posts)
Ms2 Thu 30-Jun-16 19:36:05

Im 34+3 today, was admitted last week to hospital for 3 days as had 2 swab tests for pre term labour which came back positive and was given steroid injections.
Lost part of my plug on monday, and since last night have been having tightenings at the bottom of my back.. Although they arnt any worse they have changed in frequency (every 5ish mins).
Went to midwife appt this morn who was quite blunt about going into hosp as pre term, so she booked me to go in at 3, went in was hooked up to the ctg which didnt pick up the tightenings.
The dr wasnt aware that id had the 2 postive pre term labour tests and was happy for me to go home.
Im just wondering if anyone has had tightening feelings before that havnt showed on the ctg but was actually in labour? Or has any advice!!

AbbeyRoadCrossing Thu 30-Jun-16 19:40:30

I would go back in to hospital now. Why didn't the doctor know your history? Did you tell him / her? Better to be safe and call again. Hope all goes well

Ms2 Thu 30-Jun-16 19:55:00

Dhe just didnt look at my notes, she was saying to do the test to see if pre term labour could be a cause and i had to tell her that ive had 2 positive ones already done last week, i think that may be why i feel abit annoyed aswell i feel like they should be taking it abit more seriously because of that. Feel like she should of known about it if she would of looked through my notes and then

Ms2 Thu 30-Jun-16 19:55:47

Didnt mean to post mid sentence.. Just feel abit like they think im lying because nothings showing on the ctg does that mean they think its not happening?

McBaby Thu 30-Jun-16 20:03:08

My contractions don't show on the ctg machine, during my last induced labour the midwife had to feel my stomach almost continuously and mark them by hand on a sheet! If your concerned go back to hospital again.

Ms2 Thu 30-Jun-16 20:23:49

Oh wow really?! I havnt had any tightening in my stomache just in my back but it was all in my back with my first labour aswell. Im pretty sure its not just braxton hicks as the pain hasnt gone at all since yesterday just gotten closer together.

McBaby Fri 01-Jul-16 07:07:04

I also had irritable uterus and would get contractions/braxton hicks for days on end starting at 26 weeks so they had to keep monitoring me to see if it was labour. So it may be nothing but it's always worth being checked if it's before 37 weeks.

Annabrooke90 Fri 01-Jul-16 07:53:09

I was the opposite to you, regular contractions showing on the monitor every 6 minutes, but my actim partus test come back negative (I was also losing bloody show) they sent me home and told me I wasnt in labour. I delivered my baby 2.5 days after that swab was done at 34 weeks. Definitely keep pushing if you believe something is not right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now