Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movement WWYD?

(7 Posts)
Laptopontable Wed 29-Jun-16 13:27:41

I've been told to go in for monitoring due to reduced movement and only feeling hiccuping and quivering since last night this morning. My problem is if I go now I won't be back in time to pick my other children up from school. There is literally no one else at all that can get them for me.
I don't know what to do, should I go and just leave at 3pm regardless of whether the monitoring is complete. Should I try to ask the school to hold on to them? Or is that too much? Should I go first thing tomorrow? Or tonight at 7:30 when my (currently uncontactable) husband gets home from work?

Octofarts Wed 29-Jun-16 13:30:01

Just go- once your there your can try and arrange for the children to be collected/kept at school but id not risk waiting!

Otherwise collect them early and take them with you.

Andbabymakesthree Wed 29-Jun-16 13:31:25

Take them with you if necessary.
Don't delay going.

eatsleepfeedrepeat Wed 29-Jun-16 13:34:44

Go now, if everything's fine it won't take long and if there's a problem you've got time to ring school and explain. Is there an after school club they could stay at in an emergency? Good luck

PolaroidsFromTheBeyond Wed 29-Jun-16 13:35:29

Phone your children's school now, explain the situation and ask if they can help you out.

Laptopontable Wed 29-Jun-16 13:36:53

OK thanks, I'm going now and will call the school on the way.

CeeCee00 Wed 29-Jun-16 13:41:08

Go right now. I had lots of reduced movement whilst pregnant and whilst it was always fine it's so important to get checked out and I was always very anxious whilst waiting to get the thumbs up from the midwives. Waiting is not worth the risk.

I'm also a teacher, call the school on your way in. I am certain there will be a member of staff who can help out and watch your children/make arrangements. There are always staff working after school lets out. Tell the hospital and I'm sure they'll see you quickly. I was always out in a couple of hours max.

Good luck OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now