Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period while Pregnant?

(5 Posts)
user1467186485 Wed 29-Jun-16 09:02:39

Hi, my name is Emily and I think I might be pregnant despite having some bleeding last month, I was wondering if someone might be able to help me determine if I am, I'm panicking a little, my boyfriend and I aren't ready for a child quite yet.

Here are the facts:
1- We haven't had unprotected sex except for one time when he pulled out a good 30 seconds before ejaculating.

2- My period was due on the 5th of June but started instead on the the 13th, i.e. 8 days late.

3- My period is seldom late, and this time it was considerably lighter than usual, barely filling one pad. The bleeding ended 5 days later on the 18th.

4- I took 4 pregnancy tests, all were negative. I took them on the:
7th of June, the 9th of June, the 11th of June and the 17th.

I've been reading online and a number of sources say that a light period is an early sign of pregnancy. I'm panicking now since we live in the Middle East and could face jail time if I'm found to be pregnant.

Please, please help me.

user1465823522 Wed 29-Jun-16 09:28:11

with our eldest I didn't skip until I was five months.

If you have done a test and it;s negative then you probably aren't - especially given how many you've done.

See your doctor if you re still unsure.

areyoutheregoditsmemargaret Wed 29-Jun-16 09:28:59

If the tests are negative, you are fine.

Oysterbabe Wed 29-Jun-16 12:08:38

Whilst people do bleed in pregnancy, most people don't. You've had a period and negative tests, you're probably not pregnant.

amberedmead Wed 29-Jun-16 21:55:59

Hi, so I'm about 8 weeks pregnant I started off with brown discharge 5 days ago then started bleeding heavily I went straight to ER had a internal everything looked OK and my cervix was closed it stopped bleeding then I went home and started bleeding but this time getting bad bad cramps I woke up in pain went to ER and done another internal as again all normal cervix was closed but no scan until 7 days could this be a period of does anyone Ino what it is it's worrying me a lot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now