Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Acne - chest and back

(9 Posts)
elliej83 Mon 27-Jun-16 22:49:55

We are getting married in two weeks and I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant.
Over the past couple of weeks I've come out in terrible acne on my chest and my back. It's also around my hair line but that's easily diagnosable.
Has anyone else had this and found any remedies which work. I so want to look nice in my dress! x

DesignedForLife Mon 27-Jun-16 22:59:08

I used to find tea tree oil wag from body shop helped me as a teenager. Should be safe in pregnancy. That and toothpaste!

DesignedForLife Mon 27-Jun-16 23:00:27

Also stress can make you break out, might it be wedding stress? You can ask your GP too, might be some topical creams you can use.

laurenwiltxx Tue 28-Jun-16 01:06:18

Snap 39 weeks, never had acne before, slowly has covered my back and chest. And my hair line mainly on the sides. But ive kept my face bearable using forever livings propolis cream

leoniethelioness Tue 28-Jun-16 07:53:54

I had this for the first 20 or so weeks. It's really unpleasant. I didn't buy anything to treat it as I thought it was probably hormonal and there are a lot of things you can't use in pregnancy. See your GP if you're worried.

stealthbanana Tue 28-Jun-16 07:58:37

Yep. I've got this. I'm using a salycyclic acid cleanser (safe to use - it's only peels that are a problem) and a normal moisturiser and it's starting to clear it up. But ugh! I've never had spots before so this all feels very undignified!

Cferg Wed 10-Aug-16 14:35:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Farfromtheusual Thu 11-Aug-16 11:17:35

I had this all over my hair line, chest, shoulders and back for a good few months at the start. I got a couple of different face and body scrubs and got DP to scrub me all over in the shower everyday. Don't think any of them particularly worked very well, as was pregnancy/hormone related (never had acne before) but it made me feel better anyway. I'm now 37+5 and haven't had anything on my chest, shoulders or back for about 3/4 months now. My face is still hit and miss, much worse than normal but hopefully it will pass.

summerskittles91 Thu 11-Aug-16 12:03:25

I use La roche posay effaclar duo - can get it from Boots, it dries out any spots acne, and fades them over time. It's the only thing thats ever worked. It is very drying so might be worth keeping that area moisturised too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now