Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tell me about Braxton Hicks

(6 Posts)
kiki22 Mon 27-Jun-16 19:14:14

I never got them with my first this time round ive been feeling them for about a week or 2 from around 29 weeks I think at first they were hardly noticeable I didn't realise what it was until this week. So I've mentioned to a few people that have asked how I am I've been getting them everyone has said this early oh you will be going early then, is there any truth in this?

I read they can come anytime after 28 weeks but nothing on it relating to early babies.

Sophia1984 Mon 27-Jun-16 20:40:17

Hi kiki 29 weeks sounds normal for BH - I don't think it's an indication that you will give birth early. I've read of people having them for weeks and still going to 42 weeks!

Flossiesmummy Mon 27-Jun-16 22:36:40

I've been having them since 16 weeks and I'm now 39 + 1 - it's a load of rubbish

Missingcaffeine Mon 27-Jun-16 22:48:53

I had them from 16 weeks intermittently with my first - worse when dehydrated or particularly active, but only ever had a few in a hour or so maximum. My baby arrived a week early.

This pregnancy (my second), I've hardly had any until this week, 37 weeks, and now they are almost constant!

suze28 Mon 27-Jun-16 23:01:13

I had them with both of my pregnancies from about 8 weeks. What's normal for one isn't normal for someone else.
DD1 was born at 38+1 after induction for pre eclampsia and DD2 was three days earlier than my due date.

KayTee87 Tue 28-Jun-16 11:29:16

You have them from the very start of pregnancy but most people don't feel them until around the middle to end. I think I felt my first one round about 20 weeks in the middle of the night after an upset tummy. They can be worse if you overdo it or are dehydrated but are nothing to worry about, just sit down and have a glass of water if that's what's caused them.

36+4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now