Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

possibly pregnant??

(12 Posts)
soph1196 Mon 27-Jun-16 11:33:02

Hi All!

My first ever post! I need some help/advice!
please no judgement or negative comments!!

I suffer with mild PCOS, (i dont currently have cysts) but have been able to control my periods with the pill! I have not taken my pill for roughly 2.5 months. Since stopping the pill I had one period 2 months ago.
As I have grown up not having regular periods I seemed to not realise how long it had been since I last had a period.
i have a long term partner and we do have unprotected sex regularly.

we have come on holiday for a month (halfway through) and only now have i started to notice changes. I realised about my period, and also noticed my boobs were more tender than usual, i was feeling tired a lot more than usual and i was very bloated all of the time. I also began feeling very nauseous and vomiting one morning, but throughout the day felt much better.. This continued to happen for 3 days (now day 3).

I overthink things a lot and will see a symptom in anything, so i thought i would.come here for some advice!

i will be purchasing a test once i arrive home or visit a city as i am in the middle.of nowhere without anyone who speaks English!

does this sound like there is a possibility that i may be pregnant? Is there any other signs i should keep.an eye out for? Thank you! smile

DesignedForLife Mon 27-Jun-16 15:56:35

Possibly, but only a test can tell you! I've had symptoms before and gone on to have period. However does sound like it's been a long time since your last one!

sepa Mon 27-Jun-16 16:26:02

Only a test will tell you. The month I didn't have any symptoms was the month I was pregnant. If your TTC you do see everything as a possible sign.

AprilLoveJ Mon 27-Jun-16 16:35:20

Very very first signs for me were excessive wind (hiccups, burping) and sore boobs/painful nipples. Incredible fatigue and nausea came later. (My nausea was non stop 24/7 not just mornings - I do wonder where that came from!)

As your body is going through some major adjustments following the cessation of the birth control pill, it could be easy to mistake some of these symptoms for pregnancy when they may just be hormonal changes relating to your menstrual cycle, including missed period/s.

That being said you have been actively trying (you are having unprotected sex) and so it is quite possible!

You won't know for sure until you test smile good luck, let us know how it turns out!

thecatsarecrazy Mon 27-Jun-16 17:36:17

You could well be.
Before I could do a test I was tired, smells were really strong, felt a little sick without actually being sick and bloated. None of my jeans will do up sad.

soph1196 Mon 27-Jun-16 18:13:02

Thank you!

i would have done a test a few weeks ago, but no shops where i am have any!
i have been feeling so bloated and everything has made me feel ill! Especially coffee which i usually love!! I am only.able.to.stomach dry bread but not until.early afternoon!
i am travelling further north tomorrow so should be able.to purchase a test then! I will keep you all updated! Fingers crossed smile

PoppitFox Wed 29-Jun-16 10:50:29

any news op? xx

LynseyH5 Wed 29-Jun-16 17:53:31

Waiting to see the outcome too lol x

soph1196 Fri 01-Jul-16 08:52:12

Only just managed to get internet access!

Unfortunately after 2 tests, they were both negative!!
Still feeling sick, my boobs look and feel sore, I have more wind than usual, and I am so bloated!!

Still no sign of my period either! I'm so frustrated and confused sad

LynseyH5 Fri 01-Jul-16 09:39:14

You mentioned you were travelling so maybe that's causing the upset/unbalance in your body? How many days late now?
I can imagine the frustration but it seems like your having a busy time of it!

soph1196 Fri 01-Jul-16 09:53:13

I was due on 2 months ago, but I do suffer from PCOS so my periods aren't regular either!

I'm going to give it a week or so to get back into routine then test again!

LynseyH5 Fri 01-Jul-16 12:14:02

Ah ok. Sounds like a good plan. Fingers crossed for a happy outcome x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now