Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding 13 + 6

(4 Posts)
superseagull Mon 27-Jun-16 11:27:38

Hello, I'm hoping for some advice. I am 13+6 weeks with my second pregnancy, on Friday i started bleeding - and it has continued over the weekend, the blood is dark and the flow is very light. I can't get through to my midwife, no direct phone number has been given - I've spoken to the antenatal ward who have said that before 14 weeks I need to speak to epu, epu have no appointments for today, but also couldn't get the antenatal ward to see me. EPU have suggested going to a&e... Or trying to get a referral from my Gp. I'm just worried that I am being over cautious - there isn't a lot of blood, it's dark and I'm in no real discomfort. I wanted to speak to my midwife because we are going abroad on holiday on Friday and thought maybe I should get it checked out before then... What would you do?

Jodie1982 Mon 27-Jun-16 15:24:49

I'd go to A+E. Sometimes they have little portable scanners. They should take bloods and possibly check your cervix.
Fingers crossed all is ok.

superseagull Mon 27-Jun-16 21:14:46

Thanks Jodie, In the end I managed to get hold of the community midwives, who ended up getting the head of midwifes to call me back, she was really embarrassed that no one was taking responsibility because of my dates. She referred me for a
Scan and all was fine, so I feel like I wasted everyone's time but they were all very nice and said it was best to get seen.

Jodie1982 Mon 27-Jun-16 22:09:14

Oh your not wasting anybodies time at all. It's always best to get checked.
I'm so glad your both okay. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now