Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Slow heart rate at 6 weeks scan

(16 Posts)
HighHopes16 Mon 27-Jun-16 07:59:36

I had a scan last week after some light bleeding/pain and was told my baby was measuring about right for 6 weeks but the heart rate was very slow. The midwife said at this stage the heart rate is normally very fast so I should prepare for bad news. Has anyone ever been through this ? My DH is telling me to be positive but I can't stop crying! I have my next scan on Friday and the wait is killing me! sad

HighHopes16 Mon 27-Jun-16 10:57:46

Anyone? sad

Jodie1982 Mon 27-Jun-16 15:36:33

I can't read n run. Sorry to hear your going through this. Hopefully somebody will come along with some advice. Fingers x it's nothing to worry about. Xxxx

2nds Mon 27-Jun-16 15:42:02

I never had a six week scan so I can't say much. Did the sonorapher say anything about it? Is it a consultant appointment on. Friday or the sonorapher again? Hopefully on Friday baby will be bigger and the heart will be OK.

HighHopes16 Mon 27-Jun-16 15:52:15

Thanks for your replies ladies. She just said normally the heart starts out really fast and slows as the weeks go on so starting slow is a cause for concern.
I've read a few similar threads & some studies on it and the majority have lead to miscarriage. I wish I could fast forward to Friday so we know for sure.

Blossom321 Mon 27-Jun-16 22:45:56

Hi Highhopes

Just wanted to let you know that I was in exactly the same position as you (and posted an almost identical post!) about 8 weeks ago when I had an early scan at 7 weeks. After seeing the heart rate on the scan report and doing my googling I was so upset and convinced it would all go wrong as so much of what I've read suggested that to be the case.

Well, I'm now coming up to 15 weeks and everything is fine so far. By the time we had our next scan the heartbeat was lovely and strong.

It's so nerve wracking I know, I had a mmc before this pregnancy and I'm still so nervous about it all but I just wanted to share my experience to give you hope. It's so hard but you just have to go with the flow.

Wishing you all the best for good news soon xx

HighHopes16 Tue 28-Jun-16 06:24:30

Hi Blossom, thanks so much for sharing your positive story- I'm so glad everything worked out for you!
I've pretty much accepted the fact we'll be getting bad news so it will be a lovely surprise on Friday if it turns out to be good.

Oysterbabe Tue 28-Jun-16 08:21:21

Good luck! I hope it's ok. flowers

HighHopes16 Fri 01-Jul-16 10:17:19

Just to update you all - Today's scan showed our babies heart has stopped beating so this pregnancy will end in miscarriage.

Brenna24 Fri 01-Jul-16 10:50:30

I'm so sorry. flowers Do you have a lot of support in RL?

HighHopes16 Fri 01-Jul-16 11:17:07

Thank you, Yes my DH is very supportive. We hadn't told anyone else as it was so early but we may tell our parents what has happened.

Blossom321 Fri 01-Jul-16 11:26:14

So very sorry to hear that. Thinking of you HH. I was in your position at the beginning of the year and I understand how devestating it can be. Look after yourself and take time to heal. I wish you all the best for a healthy pregnancy in the future, stay strong and keep positive for the road ahead xxx

ListenToYourHeart Fri 01-Jul-16 12:27:02

So sorry to hear your sad news sadflowers

DesignedForLife Fri 01-Jul-16 13:02:20

So sorry for your loss sad flowers

Trulyamnearanear Fri 01-Jul-16 13:05:03

flowers

Handsoffmysweets Fri 01-Jul-16 13:08:31

flowers for you, I'm so sorry for your loss x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now