Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What foods did you avoid to help ease indigestion

(12 Posts)
bippitybopityboo Sat 25-Jun-16 20:19:06

Ladies I'm suffering with indigestion and not sure what's causing it if anything other than that I'm 36 weeks pregnant.
I'm literally drinking my gaviscon from the doctor!
Did you find avoiding anything helped?

BettyOBarley Sat 25-Jun-16 20:22:19

I'm 27 weeks with DC2 and it's just starting up at night for me too....with both pregnancies it's been sweet things like chocolate and cake angry plus garlic and eating too near bedtime.

Heirhelp Sat 25-Jun-16 20:24:07

Horlicks before bed.

RNBrie Sat 25-Jun-16 20:24:42

What cured mine was getting a prescription for omeprazole. I've not had to touch the Gaviscon since I started taking it. I suggest you go back to the GP!

spanky2 Sat 25-Jun-16 20:28:03

Cake washed down with gaviscon. The cake didn't really help, but I felt better. Try not to lay down flat or bend over. I was disappointed that it took a couple of days after birth for it to go away. Just to warn you so you're prepared.

HoundOfTheBasketballs Sat 25-Jun-16 20:30:53

Yop drinking yogurt. Raspberry flavour. I was doing about a litre of it a day by the time I went into labour.
No wonder I put on three stone.
But it felt marvellous. Cool, creamy, yoghurty relief.
Haven't been able to bring myself to touch the stuff since though. DS is 8. grin

bippitybopityboo Sat 25-Jun-16 20:35:31

Haha thankyou ladies. Awful isn't it.
I'm going to try to get into doctors on Monday as someone else said today if it's really bad I might need more than the gaviscon. I think I'd get a decent nights sleep if I didnt have it!!

EvansAndThePrince Sat 25-Jun-16 20:38:36

I drink lots of milk!

lornathewizzard Sat 25-Jun-16 20:47:15

The not eating too close to bedtime is definitely a factor for me. I try not to eat after dinner/pudding. I have however just had a cuppa and some chocolate so I'm stuffed tonight probably. Rennies before bed and gaviscon if it's bad when I first get up to pee. And as with most things, plenty water.

MrsZumbaDancer Sun 26-Jun-16 07:16:06

Orange juice has made mine worse this time! Milk helps relieve it and gaviscon by the bucket load!

shelbTa Sun 26-Jun-16 08:17:40

Get the cheap gaviscon from your docs on prescription - and neck it in big gulps!

X

shelbTa Sun 26-Jun-16 08:18:07

Oh sorry - just read you've tried that!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now