Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weight Gain Pondering

(7 Posts)
BelliniButterfly Thu 23-Jun-16 22:20:33

Okay, so a bit of a strange one! I am 20+4 and have yet to put on any weight although I am beginning to develop a small bump. I just wondered at this point with a tiny baby growing inside of me how much extra 'weight' am I carrying between baby, placenta, extra blood volume, amniotic fluid etc? Is it still minimal at this point?

Northernlight22 Thu 23-Jun-16 22:25:02

I'm the same - 24 weeks now and I still weigh what I did at booking in (although my bmi is high so I wasn't expected to put on much weight!)

Junosmum Thu 23-Jun-16 22:51:17

I lost weight until 24 weeks, when I slowly started to gain.

crazychemist Fri 24-Jun-16 18:52:23

Had only gained 2 lbs up to 24 weeks, am now 26 and have piled on several more and have a MUCH bigger bump than I did! Kind of surprised as I haven't changed my eating habits at all as far as I can tell. I think the weight gain is quite slow to start with - my midwife told me at 25 weeks that the baby itself only weight about 1.5 lbs at that stage, and the fluid usually less than 1 lb, so most of it is the gain in muscle/blood volume, but she said that varies a fair bit in the early months.

44PumpLane Fri 24-Jun-16 22:08:46

I'm 7lb lighter at 14 weeks with twins but my stomach is huge! Babies measured fine at scan so I'm not concerned.

frikadela01 Fri 24-Jun-16 22:44:53

I'm 38+3 and weigh the same as I did at booking in. My bump isn't huge but I was having regular growth scans up to 36weeks and everything is fine.

I do have high bmi though so stable weight is a good thing in my case.

QueenEnid Sat 25-Jun-16 07:56:27

I'm 29 weeks and am also the same as I was at booking in.

My bump has decided to make an appearance now and is measuring 28cm last week so exactly where they wanted to see it.

I was bmi of 30 at booking in and there was no concern about not gaining any weight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now