Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

High risk of Downs

(3 Posts)
PPP7070 Thu 23-Jun-16 11:45:32

I need someone to talk some sense into me! I'm 37 and pregnant with my first baby. At my 12 weeks scan everything apparently looked fine. However I was called with my blood results which took my risk of downs to 1:47. I appreciate that's only a 2% risk but very scary. I had the Harmony blood test done on Tuesday morning and now facing the long wait to hear the results....x

hopeful31yrs Thu 23-Jun-16 13:37:12

Sorry to hear you are going through this. I've recently been through the same but with a combined risk of 1:5. We had a great outcome but ended up doing nifty test as we didn't want to wait 2 weeks for an amino and the risk. Waited 10 days for nifty and still waiting 20 week anomaly scan but all seems well. It's stressful and it's lonely waiting - your risk seems high but it's still tiny. Please google - most people have good outcomes and I was reassured. Was also given details for ARC who are brill at discussing worries.

Here to hand hold as others did for me xxx

PrettyDumb Thu 23-Jun-16 13:39:28

Have you discussed it with your partner?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now