Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

severe pain like trapped wind

(8 Posts)
LimesMum Wed 22-Jun-16 20:39:42

I'm 37+2 and suddenly have severe stomach pains - not like contraction type pain just a constant stabbing pain like you get with really bad trapped wind.

The baby is moving like crazy too - more than ever before

Anyone else had anything like this?

embarrasseddoesntcutit Thu 23-Jun-16 07:59:00

I have ibs so had this throughout. When I first has it, at 6 weeks they thought it was an ectopic pregnancy as it was so bad.

I then had it more mildly throughout pregnancy but has it really bad again at 36 /37 weeks and baby was born at 38weeks. Mine was hormone related definitely.

If you are worried speak to your midwife.

lilygirl81 Thu 23-Jun-16 08:06:55

I've had this a few times, I decided it was maybe just where the baby was sitting, on my colon or something. Definitely call your midwife if you are worried though

DesignedForLife Thu 23-Jun-16 14:19:51

If it's severe and you're worried call the midwife. It's probably nothing (trapped wind can be agony) but rarely it can be caused by a problem. Best to let the professionals tell you!

Hawkmoth Thu 23-Jun-16 14:24:42

Did you get checked out? Change to baby's movements should be worth a look. Hope it's eased off.

GoldPlatedBacon Thu 23-Jun-16 14:26:17

Trapped wind is how I describe early contractions to my childless friends. I assumed I had trapped wind, it was only when I noticed it was happening every 20 minutes or so did I conclude it was contractions. Perhaps it's best to call tge hospital

mayhew Thu 23-Jun-16 14:31:38

Have a check up if it hasn't settled by now. Occasionally it can be a problem in the placenta (abruption).

LimesMum Thu 23-Jun-16 16:32:45

Thanks all it eased off after quite a while and hasn't come back yet.... Let's hope that's all it was as I'm home alone with my 2 year old tonight!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now