Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Silver Cross Pioneer vs Uppababy Vista

(14 Posts)
TeaGirl3 Tue 21-Jun-16 21:48:31

Hi, we're currently researching pushchairs in preparation for our first baby, due October. We like the look of both of these - can anyone tell us their experience of either, if they bought one of them? What made you choose? Pros / cons? We have an estate car, so car space isn't an issue. Thanks!

ChatterNatterer Tue 21-Jun-16 22:07:30

We bought the uppababy after trying both ijt at the baby show, liked the UV screen and the ease at which the carry cot comes off. The uppababy seemed better made, higher position and felt nicer but we very nearly bought the pioneer - John Lewis had a good offer on when we bought our uppababy which may be worth a look if still in smile

PourTheWine Tue 21-Jun-16 22:43:13

We had a ub vista for our first born 3 years ago a love it, it's well used and will be dusted off again for number 2 due in December.

We also needed a repair on our pram and service was excellent and a loan/courtesy pram was provided.

Wouldn't go for any other pram if needed to re buy X

Icklepickle101 Tue 21-Jun-16 22:45:33

As much as I love the ubv it's heavy and bulky and a beast to put in and out of the car.

Something to consider especially if you have a c section!

Out2pasture Tue 21-Jun-16 22:46:35

as a gran I've experienced both the vista and the cruz. I much preferred the cruz. easier to fold.

Liss85 Tue 21-Jun-16 23:07:27

We're looking at the uppababy. DH's cousin raved about it. I also read the review on The Uphill.

DesignedForLife Tue 21-Jun-16 23:38:25

I love the Uppababy Vista. Fab pram, and you'll be getting the 2015 model which has more flexibility for a second child, which makes me jealous.

It is heavy though, and a knack to folding it which grandparents haven't mastered still!

MollyCule Wed 22-Jun-16 05:46:14

We went for the Pioneer over the Vista, haven't had the baby yet so can't comment just yet! I actually think they are quite similar in function, although I felt the vista was a bulkier. I preferred the more classic look of the pioneer but I have the impression the vista is more 'fashionable'. A friend also has the pioneer and she highly recommended it, but I know the vista has very good reviews as well.

Heirhelp Wed 22-Jun-16 06:09:36

Have you been to a shop to try them out? We went with the uppababy Cruz and I love it. the detachable, safe for over night sleep bassinet it fantastic. We planned just to use it when she is asleep after a walk, so we can take her upstairs withiut disturbing her and we can sleep. As she hates her side sleeper crib we use the it as a bassinet.

The Cruz is lighter than the vista.

The sub shade is excellent and also useful for when you go for a walk to get them to sleep and they keep giving you eye contact you can pull down the shade so they go to sleep but you can still see in the sides.

Rain cover is easy to put on.

It is easy to fold.

Thomasthetank456 Wed 22-Jun-16 06:12:45

We have an upv. Love it basket is lovely snd large can fit a whole weeks food shop in it. Nice high position can leave them in the seat as right height for table

Jellybean81 Wed 22-Jun-16 06:37:07

We have a Vista and I love it.
Pros:
Sturdy and easy to push
The huge basket is amazing
The high baby seating position - baby is at table height so can use as a highchair if needed
The option to purchase an insert so you can start using the main seat sooner if your baby hates lying down
The option to use both parts together on the frame saving £££ if you're thinking of having two together
Been using it for a year and it's going strong

Cons:
Wide wheel base means you may struggle getting through narrow doors although I've never had a problem on the bus

AngelsWithFilthySouls Wed 22-Jun-16 06:44:14

We've been using the pioneer for 18 months and it's still going strong despite rough daily walks when walking the dog through parks etc. Love the big basket and the choice of colours. We're not planning anymore DC but I also like the idea that buying a new colour pack, even if the same colour, would feel like you had a brand new pram again for a second DC.

Gooseysgirl Wed 22-Jun-16 06:46:47

We had the older model of the Vista and used it for our two DC, with extra seat when DC2 arrived. One of the reasons we bought it was the ability to convert to double as we planned a small gap between DC (due to me being late 30s). Absolutely loved the pram, it suited our needs beautifully. Probably my favourite thing about it was the huge basket! Yes it is quite wide but I had no problems taking it on buses.

TeaGirl3 Wed 22-Jun-16 12:43:58

Thanks so much everyone! We've looked at the Pioneer so far and will be going to see the Vista this weekend (I think the same shop also has the Pioneer, so we'll be able to compare both at the same time). Hopefully will see the Cruz too, as a few of you have mentioned that one. Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now