Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

New job at tesco how to tell them I'm expecting!

(3 Posts)
sophieeleanorxx Mon 20-Jun-16 17:57:21

So I lost my job a few weeks ago working for a large coming but as soon as I told them I was pregnant the week after they got rid of me and they said it was because they took on too many people but I'm not convinced. I had a interview on Saturday with tesco and she rang me today to offer me the job it's only 16 hours a week but it's all I need just to buy the rest of baby things. I'm going to be about 20 weeks pregnant when I start the first three days are an induction with the manager I had the interview with. I feel quite deceitful not telling them but I know she has kids so hoping she will understand it. I'm just thinking about how will I word it? Shall I just speak to her at the end of the day. Xx

sophieeleanorxx Mon 20-Jun-16 17:57:51

*company not coming lol X

mrsbee2be Mon 20-Jun-16 18:08:05

I would.....
I've just been in a similar situation of starting a new job while pregnant, although not the bit about loosing my old job (I'm sure you could do something about that, sure someone else will advise on that)
Anyway I felt I had to tell them, before accepting, purely for the reason I already knew my new employer professionally and felt dishonest not telling them and really can't say anything, especially a large company like Tesco.
It was fine and my new team have been quite welcoming, in terms of my career path it's only a short term I will be off and I'll pick back up when I come back and it's part of a long term goal for me to work on the team and will be there for a while.
I have however had a big cock up with HR who gave me completely the wrong advice so my top tip is get everything double confirmed & in writing too, don't accept verbal advice!
Hope that helps a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now