Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

waxing in early pregnancy

(8 Posts)
rodneydel Mon 20-Jun-16 14:28:42

I'm 9 weeks and my eyebrows are out of control. I am useless at doing them myself and desperately need them waxed. Is waxing allowed during first trimester,

anametouse Mon 20-Jun-16 14:42:46

I can't see why not? I think it's just dye you aren't supposed to use? I had mine done at 11 weeks. Your skin may be more sensitive though

SecretlycrushingonTomHanks Mon 20-Jun-16 14:45:29

I had mine waxed and tinted all through pregnancy as well as hair coloured. If you're having them tinted you just need to do a skin test to check your hormones haven't changed anything to give you a reaction smile.

Kariana Mon 20-Jun-16 20:54:13

I had my legs waxed at 4 weeks before I knew I was pregnant and again at 8 weeks when I knew. No problem with it!

soundsystem Mon 20-Jun-16 20:56:00

Yep, it's fine. You might just be a bit more sensitive than normal so it might hurt a bit more!

Seekingmiracles Mon 20-Jun-16 21:12:50

Absolutely!!

SpaceDinosaur Mon 20-Jun-16 23:54:03

I had a Hollywood wax at 5 weeks.
I have been waxing for 14 years

I actually yelped. I have never been so sensitive in my life!

Got waxed at 11 weeks, no problem. Again Hollywood and leg.

Most bizarre!!!

Guinnessbreath Tue 21-Jun-16 00:03:28

My waxer said that guidelines are that they shouldn't do it in case it makes you jump! She also said that's rubbish but that she does like knowing the persons had a wax before so they know what's coming. I had my eyebrows done all through pregnancy and my lady garden done once into 2nd trimester.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now