Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rapid weight gain at 34 weeks

(8 Posts)
Isitmeyourlooking4 Sat 18-Jun-16 07:46:50

Iv had a 4lb weight gain this week! Iv put on 2n abit stone since my booking appointment so I really can't afford to put anything else on!

Iv swelled up like a balloon. My fingers, feet and cankles are full of water. I can feel it when I walk and it's so painful 😪

I feel gross and so fat!! 😪

Afreshstartplease Sat 18-Jun-16 07:48:41

Have you had the swelling checked out op?

isittimeforarainbow Sat 18-Jun-16 07:51:24

A lot of the end weight gain is just fluid, not fat. If it is coming on so quickly, or you are swelling, you should check in with your midwife

Isitmeyourlooking4 Sat 18-Jun-16 07:57:25

I will make an appointment. It's so bad, I took my shoes off yesterday and had indents! I'm struggling to walk because it hurts. I'm also waking up with leg cramp/knee pain in my right leg x

Afreshstartplease Sat 18-Jun-16 07:59:49

Perhaps phone the hospital op

mummydoc123 Sat 18-Jun-16 17:23:08

You need to be seen and assessed...have you contacted midwife/hospital?

iamdivergent Sat 18-Jun-16 18:50:11

Hope you have called midwife/hospital - any swelling should be checked

Dixiechick17 Sat 18-Jun-16 20:15:41

34 weeks onwards was the point I stared swelling and piling on the weight. Swelling for me was just water retention thankfully and I whacked on two stone in my third trimester. It came off within weeks of the birth as it was all water. Get the swelling checked out, hopefully it's just water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now