Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

when did you/are you setting up cot and baby things?

(8 Posts)
kiki22 Fri 17-Jun-16 18:24:59

Wondering when to set up the cot, pram get the clothes washed etc. Baby will be born by ELCS at 39 weeks.

Second baby, with the first I done it quite early bit by bit painted set up the room this time ds2 will be in with us with his clothes and things in ds1 bedroom. We have a 2 bed flat so I don't want things hanging around for weeks but at the same time I want to be ready.

leoniethelioness Fri 17-Jun-16 18:42:55

I want my cats to get used to the baby's things so I'm hoping to get things set up by about 32 weeks.

kiki22 Fri 17-Jun-16 18:56:01

I have a cat too I didn't think about him getting used to things blush hes only 1 has been used to ds1 his whole life so I don't know if he will be bothered.

PotteringAlong Fri 17-Jun-16 18:57:15

With the second baby my DH did it to pass the time whilst I was in labour at 42 weeks!

TipBoov Fri 17-Jun-16 19:00:22

I think I did it at around 32 weeks last time, I like to be organised!

Jjtwhite26 Fri 17-Jun-16 19:56:42

My first was 6 weeks early and we had just moved so just about had everything up but this time I'll be getting everything sorted at around 29weeks as hubbie is going away for 8-10weeks and I wouldn't manage getting cotbed etc out of loft later on 😁

kiki22 Sat 18-Jun-16 21:27:17

I'm going to build the cot at 32 weeks since baby is going straight in there and leave washing etc until 36/7.

I've packed an emergency hospital bag to see me through until 36 weeks too. Dp thinks I'm mad he would do it the week before!

melibu1984 Sun 19-Jun-16 17:12:21

We built our cot a few weeks ago (i'm 40+1 day - getting impatient now!), but have not put any bedding on it yet. I also washed and folded away all the clothes a couple of weeks ago, and my hospital bag has been by the front door for a month. My partner had a go at me for doing things so early but I told him to stfu lol. I was bored, plus I like to be prepared. You can never be too prepared!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now