Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feel like I'm totally not ready for this baby!!

(10 Posts)
bippitybopityboo Thu 16-Jun-16 17:36:13

36+1 and juse packed mine and baby's bags. I had a total melt down and I'm so upset. I just feel totally unprepared for our baby I have been so excited all this time too sad it's not that we haven't got everything because we have! I wish it was just stuff we need to buy. I can't even put my finger on what's made me feel like this I just feel sick at the though of not been ready or good enough for this baby! DH is been so reassuring and he seems so excited if he is worried too he's hiding it will.

I just don't know why I feel like this, this baby is so wanted and now I feel guilty writing all this down! Has anyone else felt the same and been fine when little one arrives? blush

Mummamayhem Thu 16-Jun-16 17:38:46

Totally normal, nobody is ever completely 'ready'. Babies are all different and full of surprises...you'll learn on the job.

Ratbagratty Thu 16-Jun-16 17:41:55

Be kind to yourself, you are full of hormones. What you are feeling is perfectly fine, normal and totally understandable! Sounds like you are all ready so take a break, minimal baby talk, defiantly no baby shopping for a few days.

Alibobbob Thu 16-Jun-16 17:42:37

Absolutely normal I still have doubts and worries and mine are 8 and 10. You are probably feeling like this because it's nearly time. All Mum's worry - it's natural X Hug X

bippitybopityboo Thu 16-Jun-16 17:54:13

Thankyou ladies I'm feeling better whilst blubbering reading your comments. It's good to know it's normal even though I think I have definitely gone a little loopy today.blush The past few months all I have wanted to do is talk about baby and buy things for baby etc and now people are texting and asking me how were doing and saying oooh not long now I think it's actually sinking in!

frikadela01 Thu 16-Jun-16 17:55:12

I blame packing the bags. I did mine and babies last week (also at 36 weeks) an had to lie down after becasue I could feel my heart racing and just all of a sudden felt unbelievably stressed. I've had to hide the bags in the cupboard now becasue looking at them reminds me of what's to come (and I don't mean the birth).
I'm led to believe it's very normal to feel this way.

juneau Thu 16-Jun-16 18:00:36

I remember being terrified in the run-up to my first DC's birth. I felt woefully unprepared, nervous, inadequate, scared of giving birth - you name it. You'll be fine. You really will. But this is a big change and its okay to feel scared.

KP86 Thu 16-Jun-16 18:17:41

When I was 40+10 I was having a check up and told I had to be induced that day. My first thought was "No! I'm not ready! It was meant to be in two days. I want more time to myself."

But, DS came and all was fine. Mostly. wink

The thing is, you are never, ever fully prepared for parenthood. And it seems to me, the ones who go into it thinking they aren't ready are the ones who adapt best.

You'll be great. For now, rest as much as your body will let you and get ready for the awesome ride ahead.

peasofcake Thu 16-Jun-16 18:21:49

You'll be fine, I was quite frankly in denial about the whole thing until he arrived. We are all still alive and kicking 1 year later so I promise you'll be ok. Don't under estimate how hard you may find the first few weeks/months. Essentially a tiny little bomb explodes in your lives and being a good mum to me is about being able to cope with whatever havoc the baby wreaks! good luck with your little bundle !

bippitybopityboo Thu 16-Jun-16 20:09:14

Thankyou all.
So glad this is normal. I have a growth scan tomorrow due to preeclampsia and know I'm going to be very emotional again 🙈
Definitely think it's time to rest and await out little man's arrival
Thankyou again ladies flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now