Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is my sister pregnant?!! Wierd conversation

(13 Posts)
frobskottle Wed 15-Jun-16 20:36:16

I think maybe I'm being hopeful as I'm pregnant and would love my sister to be too but I just had a very odd conversation with my mum!

My sisters husband is in the navy and she is in a job she hates. My mum came home from a weekend visiting them and told me that my sister was planning to take her 8 weeks annual leave in Nov and Dec to add on to her maternity leave and move down near us into married quarters. I said oh she must be pregnant then!!i obviously know dates as pregnant myself. My mum then said I know she's not pregnant now as she had her period last week. I remarked how sad that was as her husband leaves next week for 3months at sea.
Looking back on the conversation I can see three possible options..
1)my sister was being hopeful and she's not pregnant
2)my sister told my mum her plans then realised she'd said too much so lied and told my mum she'd had her period and she is pregnant.yey
3)my mum realised she'd told me too much so lied and told me about the period! (I had a miscarriage in Jan and they don't know I'm pregnant again so might be trying to be extra sensitive.or my sister told her not to tell anyone and my parents are very good at keeping things like that quiet.)
Anyway thought I'd get some opinions on my puzzle :-) obviously I'm being very nosey and will find out soon enough!!!

rollonthesummer Wed 15-Jun-16 20:37:58

Sorry, I'm totally confused! Is she on maternity leave now?

frobskottle Wed 15-Jun-16 21:13:57

Dha I'm sorry I knew that was confusing. She said she would take holiday in Dec to add on to her maternity leave which I assume she'd then start in January

SeashellHoarder Wed 15-Jun-16 21:47:32

Well I would think that anyone mentioning mat leave is pregnant.
Can you ask her, like "mum said the weirdest thing..."

rollonthesummer Wed 15-Jun-16 21:51:09

?!

She told your mum she'd be taking maternity leave but your mum doesn't think she's pregnant?!!

frobskottle Wed 15-Jun-16 22:15:14

Either my mum doesn't think she's pregnant as my sister told her so...maybe because she wasn't supposed to tell her yet in the first place then accidentally did or my mum knows she's pregnant and told me she isn't as she wasn't supposed to tell me! I have no idea!!probably should just stop speculating

thecatsarecrazy Thu 16-Jun-16 06:31:54

Why would you be planning maternity leave if not pregnant?

PirateFairy45 Thu 16-Jun-16 06:52:52

Novel idea. Ask your sister.

PhloppysFonics Thu 16-Jun-16 09:45:18

I agree with thecats, who plans mat leave without being pregnant especially if DH is about to go away for three months.

Just ask her!

PickleBot Thu 16-Jun-16 18:33:31

Tell her you are pregnant and then she might tell you she is too?

MarklahMarklah Thu 16-Jun-16 18:36:44

Surely you only have maternity leave if you're pregnant? Or do you mean she's been on ML and would return to work but you suspect she's Pg again?

SlightlyperturbedOwl Thu 16-Jun-16 18:43:50

I have heard of a couple having IVF while the husband was on detachment abroad. Did think it could be quite an interesting way to worry the PILs if they weren't privy to that information grin

frobskottle Fri 26-Aug-16 20:28:03

Hey. Thought id update you all, my sister is pregnant! 12 weeks so would have been maybe one week pregnant at this point so must just have been wishful thinking...but it worked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now