Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stomach pain when walking?

(12 Posts)
octoberbundle Wed 15-Jun-16 10:06:40

Just wondering if anyone else has had low down stomach pain when walking for more than a few mins? It's not excruciating, like a bad stitch? I'm 22 weeks and just wondering whether it's usual growing pains or something I should mention to my midwife.... X

lilygirl81 Wed 15-Jun-16 14:03:51

Does your bump go hard when you get the pain? I have an irritable uterus so get mild contractions when I walk, but they are just stronger Braxton hicks I think as they don't actually cause dilation or anything like that.

I'd definitely mention it, and keep an eye on it as I've been warned that they could develop into proper contractions. Having said that, I've had this since 22 weeks and am 33+4 now, so think it's a small risk

Mummyme87 Wed 15-Jun-16 15:46:17

Is it very very low down abdominal pain, where your pubic bone is? Worse when walking, climbing stairs, getting out of bed/car?

NotWithoutMyMerkin Wed 15-Jun-16 15:51:41

If it's around your bump like a stitch it's probably round ligament pain

limeandsoda93 Wed 15-Jun-16 16:10:24

I had this around that time, for me it was definitely ligament pain.

FriendlyCod Wed 15-Jun-16 16:15:03

I'm 23 weeks and have been getting a stitch when walking at my normal pre-pregnancy pace for a few weeks now. I have to remember to walk slower and it's fine. If you stop walking/slow down does it stop?

Hopelass Wed 15-Jun-16 16:21:59

I'm 21+5 and had this this morning when getting out of bed. It soon went and hasn't come back despite walking 5 miles today so I'm assuming it's another of those lovely general pregnancy aches and pains.

octoberbundle Wed 15-Jun-16 17:06:51

Yes it seems to stop soon after walking, so I am presuming it's something with the ligaments. I haven't thought to feel if my bump has gone harder but I will do as well. In for an extra scan later this week so will mention it then just in case, thanks reassuring to know a few people have had it! X

ineedwine99 Wed 15-Jun-16 17:09:52

I'm 32+2 and i've had this kind of pain for about a month, mine is in the left groin area when i first stand and start walking but it eases off, midwife said it's the ligaments

Ilovechocolate80 Wed 15-Jun-16 17:20:10

I've had a few very strong Braxton Hicks triggered by walking it seems. Strong enough to make me stop but definitely not like a contraction. No pattern to them either. Maybe that could be it?

Cupoftchaiagain Wed 15-Jun-16 17:25:42

Another vote for round ligament pain here, I get this when moving and canbe sudden and strong enough to make me catch my breath . Physio might help

fitzbilly Wed 15-Jun-16 17:32:06

Yep it does sound like ligament pain, I get it when I run, it's like a stitch but worse. 25 weeks now and running is becoming quite painful as a result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now