Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Back pain 1st trimester

(4 Posts)
Ashpan26 Mon 13-Jun-16 20:36:15

Hi everyone sorry for the moan I am 12 weeks and have been suffering back pain/buttock/ leg pain the past couple of weeks I already suffered back pain before but nothing this bad some days are worse than others but today is so bad I struggle to walk and move around does anyone have anything similar or have any idea what would help? Thanks

elliej83 Mon 13-Jun-16 22:24:08

I've had the same. The midwife said the baby must be sat quite far back as I've been quite late showing. In terms of relief I have an office job and I've found using a foot rest and having my desk set up properly has helped enormously. I also use to sit on the sofa lent on one side with both legs curled up on the other side. I've found this has made it worse and that sitting with both feet either on the floor or sat up straight like you would do if you were cuddling your knees provided relief. Finally found long period laid on my back on the sofa or bed put more strain on my lower back so laid on the side there. Also bought a pregnancy pillow for additional support. Hope some of this helps if any of it doesn't make sense let me know smile

Jodie1982 Mon 13-Jun-16 22:42:41

I've been suffering pain in the same area for over a year. Found out today that I've got bulging discs. It can't be treated as I'm now pregnant and will have to wait till I've had baby. 😣 hoping my obstetrician can prescribe decent painkillers nxt wk. Nothing I do relieves the pain. sad
You need to see GP and explain you had pain before pregnancy. Good luck.

Ashpan26 Mon 13-Jun-16 23:09:12

Thanks ladies it ain't nice is it? I have had an MRI in the past and it didn't show anything I think it might be an issue with my hips it's actually better with rest which isn't good when I'm trying to be more active!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now