Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy symptoms - driving me mad

(14 Posts)
GardenDreamer Mon 13-Jun-16 17:18:49

Hello - I'm new - trying for a baby for nearly a year and have been referred to local fertility clinic - all fine, plodding through the tests, no problems. Had an ultrasound to check on health of 'equipment' and it's all fine - which gave me a great sense of optimism, just at the right time before ovulation. Fairly sure I ovulated as had the fluid signal and did the right stuff at the right time (!) and we had been doing for a few days prior to ovulation too. Am now nearing period in a few days, but today boobs are tingly - I don't think I get that normally. Stabbing pains too in boobs. No other symptoms really apart from being very irritable (really!!!) and I've cried today twice (once at a baby rabbit and once after talking to a delivery man who was lost - it was raining and I felt really sorry for him, ha! I'm not mad I promise....)
I suppose I'm if the boob thing is a decent symptom, but more so, im asking if it's bloomin normal to feel SO blighted by constant symptom spotting. It's driving me mad. I'm sure it's understandable but I really annoy myself.
Anyway. Highly irritable, especially at noise, tearful and really tingly boobs - have been tingly on and off all day.
Aggghhhh!
Thoughts appreciated.
If I'm making a mess of this forgive me, I'll get the hang of it. smile

Ellie06 Mon 13-Jun-16 18:29:40

Hey, I understand how you are feeling but only a tiny bit, I was really fortunate to conceive fairly quickly but the symptom spotting before I did in the two week wait drove me crazy. It literally took over my life! And it is so annoying that you get exactly the same symptoms pretty much for AF as well. When I got my BFP I had painful boobs, but I get them some months with AF anyway so didn't really think anything of it. The only real symptom I got which prompted me to take a test before my period was really bad lower back ache for two days. I get back ache with my period, but not until it has actually started and this was a couple of days before so I thought it was a bit weird. I didn't get any real proper symptoms that you read about until I was about 5 weeks, then my boobs started hurting in a totally different way, along the top and front instead of the sides. The veins popped up on the really visibly and my nipples are so sensitive I can't even cope with a seat belt touching them. Not sure if this helps at all, just letting you know that the symptom spotting drove me crazy as well.

smellsofelderberries Mon 13-Jun-16 18:31:46

If you have enough HCG in your system to give you symptoms, it will be enough to turn a pregnancy test positive. For what it's worth, I had way more 'symptoms' in the months I wasn't pregnant than the months I was. I also never got a BFP until 13dpo (and they were always proper squinters). Good luck.

Kariana Mon 13-Jun-16 18:39:56

I was like this too! Eventually the first symptom of my pregnancy was actually really random - I felt like I'd pulled the muscle in between the bottom of my rib cage whenever I tried to stretch. Never would have been looking out for that in a million years!

Kariana Mon 13-Jun-16 18:41:46

Meant to add good luck with everything. I was having the tests when I eventually fell pregnant naturally so I know what you're going through and I hope you get good news soon!

GardenDreamer Mon 13-Jun-16 19:59:34

Thanks everyone.... It takes over!
Think I've felt a bit odd since yesterday, I was wallpaper stripping and the whole task made me feel really out of breath and hot (I've done the whole house in the last few months and I do it quite easily with no fuss or sense of hard work normally) plus I had indigestion all night and all day - and then today the boob thing.
It's like trying to do baby-making maths with symptoms adding up to something that might be zero in the end....
If nothing happens this month I'm then due to have another test as part of fertility treatment which is the x-ray of Fallopian tubes (agh!!). Bit annoyed about the potential discomfort of that but hey. There's no reason though that they'll find a problem as ultrasound was a glowing report, but it's part of seeing what step we might have to have next. It's frustrating though as that test delays when we have our next appointment with the clinic as that has to be when the test results are through and they have availability, which is about 5 weeks after which seems an age away - I just want to know what will happen!
Hey ho.... I'll try and stop second guessing - I just wish something would show up, I wish things would happen!!!
Thanks for thoughts, appreciated
Hoping - always bloomin hoping x

Ellie06 Mon 13-Jun-16 20:50:23

good luck with everything, hope you get your BFP this month smile

GardenDreamer Sat 18-Jun-16 16:51:02

Got period. Day early. Tempted to use really BA d language and throw my toys right out of the pram. Have recently entered fertility treatment and if I didn't get pregnant this month I've got to have my Fallopian tubes x-rayed. Great. So I've got to phone the hospital on Monday and have a tube thrust through my cervix. Great. Patience dwindling. sad just angry.

Kariana Sun 19-Jun-16 08:16:46

Sorry to hear that GardenDreamer. Fingers crossed all is fine with your xray and that you can get it done quickly then you can get back to trying. Hopefully things will happen for you soon flowers

kiki22 Sun 19-Jun-16 08:25:17

Sorry to hear that flowers try not to symptom spot anymore easier said than done I know but constantly thinking about it really doesn't help, we tried for 12 months I had a few times I thought that I was but nothing then I kind of gave up actually trying and was pregnant 3 months later! This time I didn't even know until 7 weeks with my first 2 accidental pregnancies I've known at 3/4 weeks!

Hopeful16 Sun 19-Jun-16 09:04:05

Gardendreamer the whole process of trying and not getting there makes you angry and emotional. I know that - as does my DH. Think he started to dread AF as much as me but more for the sadness, anger and frustration from me!

I'm afraid you'll get used to tests and how awkward, embarrassing or uncomfortable they are. I can't tell you how many times I've had scans, etc but hopefully it all has a purpose and you get the results you want in the end.

My DH and I had ICSI in April and I'm now 7w4d with our little peanut - it still seems very unreal after 2 years of trying.

Keep going and try to stay as realistic as you can - best of luck wink

GardenDreamer Sun 19-Jun-16 10:20:59

Thank you everybody for being very kind - nice words - thank you xx flowers

GardenDreamer Wed 29-Jun-16 13:54:48

Can I just add that if anyone is expecting an x-ray on Fallopian tubes - I had mine on Monday and it was totally fine and easy. Please don't worry if you have one - I forgot to take a painkiller prior to it and I didn't need it at all - it was over completely in 10 minutes (I mean, it took 10 minutes from basically taking off my trousers to putting them on again) and it was simple and pain free.
Obviously I could think of places I'd rather be, but I was really nervous and had no need to be at all. It was just like having a smear test. I was nervous about the sensations of the small tube being inserted into cervix and I was amazed that she'd already done it before I realised - and I had a vague awareness of the the liquid going in - but if the nurse hadn't told me what was happening I would been totally distracted and not known about any of it. It's so easy.
Just thought I'd pass that on....
Good luck to all!flowers

2yummymummy2 Wed 29-Jun-16 14:15:20

Don't waste time symptom spotting

Everyone has different symptoms and pms symptoms are so similar to early pregnancy ones it's easy to mistake them

I had a long year ttc before it happened naturally, are you taking prenatals?

Every Time I have been pregnant and not actually had a clue until I took a test

Stock up on frer tests and clear blue digital, even though cbd aren't as sensitive they have always picked up mine at 1-2 weeks

Good luck

Also lots of people I've spoken to have had acupuncture and it somehow worked for them. Didn't work for me but might be worth a try

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now