Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pregnant?

(6 Posts)
lulu96 Sun 12-Jun-16 22:27:36

Okay so I'm seeking some advice.

I'm four days late and feeling sick and have tender breasts and period like cramps. I'm normally on time however I have only recently came off the pill (had been meaning to go onto the coil but a mix up at the doctors has delayed it). Had unprotected sex with my partner but he withdrew (yes I know it's not an effective form of contraception). We were not trying to conceive.

So all the evidence points towards pregnant, however I took a test the night between two days and three days late and it was negative?

I feel so confused? Does anyone have any idea, which do I listen to, the test or my body?

Thanks

Princesspinkgirl Sun 12-Jun-16 22:35:21

're rest once more of negative then I'd say it's accurate

xFEDBx Sun 12-Jun-16 22:36:28

Hey Hun,

Sometimes the HCG pregnancy hormone can take time to rise in the body.
I would wait a few more days and then test again with your first wee of the day, as if you are pregnant and have the hormone in your body that's when it will be at its highest!

If not it could be coming in and out of contraceptive, sometimes it takes time for our bodies to reconfigure themselves! grin

Either way, good luck!!
xx

WellErrr Sun 12-Jun-16 22:38:22

It's probably the pill. Take a pink dye test with first morning urine, if that's still negative then it's unlikely you're pregnant smile

mumsnetters do not Hun. Sorry

lulu96 Sun 12-Jun-16 23:19:13

Thank you guys, I'll re test in a day or two in the morning, if Aunt Flo hasn't arrived by then.

I've just never been this late before. If it's still negative in a few days but still no period, is it worth seeing my GP to check its nothing abnormal?

Thanks again, really appreciate your advice.

rubyfeet Sun 12-Jun-16 23:28:31

Hi

I think your symptoms suggest that either a period is coming or you are pregnant.

The symptoms of early pregnancy are similar to a period as you know. I used a very cheap pregnancy test and was about four days late- was positive. Just my own experience

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now