Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dating Scan

(5 Posts)
Dueindecember2016 Sun 12-Jun-16 16:10:30

I have a dating scan tomorrow and

Dueindecember2016 Sun 12-Jun-16 16:13:19

I have a dating scan tomorrow and we are super excited.

We will be having all the usual tests and wondered if we get the results there and then?

Thanks smile

Jokeaboutmyhotchoc Sun 12-Jun-16 16:17:04

Yes you should do - i had to wait an hour or so for my Down's syndrome test thing to come back but that was it.

Not sure what else they test for?

RaeSkywalker Sun 12-Jun-16 16:17:12

I think it depends on your hospital trust. I pushed the sonographer after the scan and she said that the nuchal fold measurement was "within the normal range" but wouldn't tell me what it was, and said it would go into analgorithm with other results before we would be told our risk level. I the had my blood taken, which gets sent away to Cambridge for analysis. I got a letter about 6 days later saying I was low risk- if they'd found anything worrying, they said they'd call me within 48 hours of the blood being taken.

Hope that tomorrow goes well! smile

quitecrunchy Sun 12-Jun-16 19:29:50

Yes it depends. If I remember rightly we were told it could take up to 4 weeks to get our screening results back (I don't think that's particularly normal though). They should at least be able to tell your your NT measurement is ok from the scan. As PP said, if it's high risk they'd get back to you quite quickly though - I got a call after 3 working days (high risk from the bloods but all was ok).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now