Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

32 weeks-braxton hicks or something more serious?

(7 Posts)
buttershy Fri 10-Jun-16 23:10:54

Hi ladies,

Just after your thoughts and experiences.

Quick bit of info should it help- I'm 32 and 1/2 weeks pregnant, first baby. I'm measuring 'perfect', I'm 5ft 2 and have gone from 8st 12 pounds to 10st, baby is head down.

I'm having what I think are braxton hicks contractions over the last three days, which coincides with a period of being more physically active and also emotionally stressed (cleaning house, decorating and hosting visitors). Their is nothing regular about them..they feel like tightenings akin to what your stomach does involuntarily when you vomit. I don't have them when I'm sat down, only when I'm moving about and have been on my feet for a while and they got much more noticeable when I was sweeping and mopping the floors. I've also noticed today that I have a weird feeling down there, kind of a pressure and as if she's poking me from inside, but no spotting or bleeding or anything. During the night I had very mild period like cramping, but that's gone off now. I've also noticed despite being cool today and not standing for long periods that my feet have been swollen and felt tight and strange like I can't scrunch my toes up, but my blood pressure was perfect on Tuesday.

Do I have anything to worry about? Is this all normal? And if i continue to have braxton hicks whenever I'm active over the next 6-8wks is that a problem?

Angelik Fri 10-Jun-16 23:16:48

get yourself checked. probably nothing but you need to put your in at rest.

I had 'early labour' at 33 weeks. in hospiral all ready to have dc2 and it tailed off! diagnosed with irritable uterus which meant would get regular bursts of contractions which would just go. apparently not unusual. in the end dd was REALLY late.

ItsPank Sat 11-Jun-16 00:03:10

I'm just turning 33 weeks, and I'm having the same thing. Too much housework or walking around leads to Braxton hicks, pressure down below and general discomfort. I'm also getting swollen feet and ankles, but my blood pressure is low and has been consistently.

This is my 4th pregnancy and I think this is just how it can be towards the last stages, it's a lot of stress on the body. I agree with getting checked out for peace of mind, but I don't think you have described anything very worrying.

malvinandhobbes Sat 11-Jun-16 20:13:50

I am just 33 weeks and have this too.The cramping at night did make me a bit nervous as well.

I find I have them less if I drink lots of water and rest frequently.

MoreGilmoreGirls Sat 11-Jun-16 20:16:34

I'm 34 weeks and having the same thing, second baby. Just get some rest if you can and keep hydrated plus regular trips to the loo! Should all be fine. Good luck OP

buttershy Sat 11-Jun-16 22:08:51

Thanks so much - what a relief that it's normal smile I will definitely concentrate on slugging down the water as I'm not great at that.

X

lilygirl81 Sat 11-Jun-16 22:11:38

I have an irritable uterus so every time I do any activity I get contractions. I get monitored if they start to actually be painful rather than uncomfortable, but thankfully so far they have been harmless.

I'd say take things easy, delegate housework if you can, and get checked over at the hospital if they become regular or painful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now