Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early detection pregnancy tests..

(5 Posts)
Freckles1607 Fri 10-Jun-16 15:30:19

Hi has anyone had experience of getting a negative with clear blue early detect digital test and then going on to get a positive later? I have a regular (like clockwork) 29 day cycle. I took a test last night 3 days late and it was negative. I read today I should test in the morning next time. I know these tests are supposed to be 99 percent accurate so just interested to know if anyone has had a positive after an initial negative with these tests?

YorkieDorkie Fri 10-Jun-16 16:22:16

I believe you're correct in that morning urine has a higher concentration of hcg but I would have thought that after 3 days it would pick up a positive. I can't really say much more than wait until morning and try again or wait a few more days. The digital ones are hideously expensive - the supermarket cheap ones worked fine for me!

Ellie06 Fri 10-Jun-16 16:28:22

I got a positive with them at 9dpo so they are pretty sensitive.

Freckles1607 Fri 10-Jun-16 18:16:22

Thanks guys - I'll wait a few days and do one last test first thing in the morning and we will see.

MrBensMrs Fri 10-Jun-16 18:30:18

Superdrug have a really sensitive test that I used smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now