Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

please help I need advice

(22 Posts)
emmalou26 Wed 08-Jun-16 16:12:49

Hi I'm a little confused I took a first response early response 3 weeks ago it showed positive straight away (trying for a baby) I have since taken 8 more test cheap ones (£1) and all come back negative even today 3 weeks later I have missed 2 periods I feel so poorly getting strange pains in belly feel so sick and tired all the time I am so confused I want to try and avoid doctors when I had my other child (4) I took 2 £1 test with him what showed negative so I went on like I wasn't pregnant and turned out I was can some test actually not work for you I find it hard to believe what do people think?? Here is the test what does show positive

gokdevj Wed 08-Jun-16 16:17:05

Go to doctors for bloods

emmalou26 Wed 08-Jun-16 17:38:12

I really didn't want my bloods doing I was just wondering if anybody has had this with test before X

CinderellaFant Wed 08-Jun-16 17:57:09

Can I ask why you want to avoid the doctors?

MyKingdomForBrie Wed 08-Jun-16 17:59:16

That would normally only be the case with the tests before your hcg was high enough to register on the less sensitive tests - by this stage (two missed periods) your hcg levels should be high enough.

If you don't want to see the dr and have bloods could you pay for a private scan?

emmalou26 Wed 08-Jun-16 20:49:13

Iv spoken to a nurse she's refused to do me a test of there own apperently they don't do them no more I just have a really really bad fear of needles lol I no it's stupid but I wanted it to be my last resort I'm just so confused X

jcsc Wed 08-Jun-16 21:55:23

Can you take another first response or a different brand rather than the cheaper ones ?

DailyMailGOFuckOff Wed 08-Jun-16 22:01:55

I think you can get positives with chemical pregnancys if you test really early

You can also get evaporation lines

But some people really don't show up positive till much later on. It's unusual but not unheard of.

Def need a blood test to check the level of HCG to know really

Jodie1982 Wed 08-Jun-16 22:25:46

You definitely need to see a doctor, there might be something else going on in your body that needs attention.

emmalou26 Thu 09-Jun-16 09:28:23

I'm going to take another first response this weekend it wasn't a evap line because it came up with in minutes and it was very much pink not grey il just see what this test shows hoping for a positive xx

Jodie1982 Thu 09-Jun-16 09:38:34

Good luck. I can see the line is pink in your picture. Hope you update on your nxt test. Fingers x for you.

DailyMailGOFuckOff Thu 09-Jun-16 09:45:51

Could you be further along than you thought?

I thought they only show positive in the earlier stages but you do need that blood test or a scan to know anything really

emmalou26 Thu 09-Jun-16 09:48:26

I didn't no they stopped showing positive I haven't a clue Iv never heard of it Iv had a really faint line on a first response when a few days later a brighter line on a first response but every other test showing negative I did have a diagonal pink line on one test then it disappeared I have no idea what that was doing lol but I have missed 2 periods xx

DailyMailGOFuckOff Thu 09-Jun-16 09:52:56

Would the EPU see you? Back when I was pregnant you could self refer if any issues and they scanned you - you could avoid a blood test that way however if pregnant they'll take quite a few blood tests anyhow so would be better to try get used to them

emmalou26 Thu 09-Jun-16 09:59:25

I'm just going to retake a first response tomorrow n see the out come yer I no they do haha Iv got a almost 4. Year old had plenty of bloods took I hate having them done though lol when I was pregnant with him I took a cheap test even first thing in the morning and they said negative few weeks later my friend came round n made me do these other test n turn out I was pregnant and I was when those told me I wasn't aswell so I don't no what to believe xx

Jodie1982 Fri 10-Jun-16 11:16:15

Hi Emma are you testing today? Good luck if you are.

emmalou26 Fri 10-Jun-16 11:38:15

Hi no I'm going to give it another few days I think xx

emmalou26 Fri 10-Jun-16 11:38:25

And thank you xx

Jodie1982 Fri 10-Jun-16 12:15:10

Ok Emma. I bet your so confused and frustrated bless you.

emmalou26 Sun 12-Jun-16 15:07:49

Iv started getting like brown discharge with tiny bit of blood in it never even lasted a day I thought at first it was the start of my period but I'm not quite sure what it was Iv never ever had this before. confused

Evergreen17 Sun 12-Jun-16 16:03:44

Emma if you dont want to take a test and you dont want to see the doctors there isnt much that people can do here for you hun.
I hope it goes well flowers

DailyMailGOFuckOff Sun 12-Jun-16 18:26:45

Could be implantation bleeding - you really need to see the dr to find out more, you'll drive yourself crazy otherwise - good luck wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now