Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tips for enjoying the the third trimester

(6 Posts)
Sophia1984 Tue 07-Jun-16 19:17:11

Hi everyone,

Looking for some tips on how to appreciate and enjoy this final stage of pregnancy.

Currently 31w4d and feeling like this baby is still a long way off arriving! I know how utterly blessed I am to be having a complication and mostly pain-free pregnancy, but all the niggles and aches and anxieties are really getting to me. I've got mild PGP/SPD so not horribly painful but really uncomfortable and I can't walk anywhere further than 5 minutes away. My back is also really sore however I sit. I used to love running, and I really love being outside and going on walks, but both of these are out.

I deliver workshops in schools part-time and work at home for the rest - I've got 5 more weeks of the delivery and will then be home-based, which is wonderful for many reasons but can also = isolation and boredom.

We're not going to have a separate nursery, so can't distract myself by decorating that. Baby will have a Moses basket and chest of drawers/changing mat in our room, but it's not really worth doing a major furniture shift yet. I've bought or been handed down almost everything we need, and don't have a lot of spare money to go shopping. This also rules out taking a 'babymoon' which is what I would dearly love to do!

Any ideas?

Sanch1 Tue 07-Jun-16 19:36:41

Do things that will be hard with a child such as lunch/dinner out, entertaining guests, cinema, theatre, catching up with friends not seen in a while. Also relax and rest, I had mild spd at 30 weeks, now at 39 weeks its terrible and sleeping is impossible!

Angelto5 Tue 07-Jun-16 19:43:49

First thought was swimming-the weightlessness is lovely when your pregnant. smile

suspiciousofgoldfish Tue 07-Jun-16 22:26:11

Embrace being humungous and not able to move far. Take it easy and enjoy delicious meals, early nights and long baths.

Is this your first? I am guessing it is. My advice will fall on deaf ears because you probably want to be productive and are worried about being bored, but trust me, you will look back on this precious time
Before baby arrives and think "ooh, I wish I listened to Goldfish!" grin

Congratulations on your new arrival.

Junosmum Tue 07-Jun-16 22:30:09

Rock the bump. Show it off, tight tops etc.

dividedmansions Tue 07-Jun-16 22:32:37

Enjoy the time to yourself to do what you like (obvs within pregnancy limits)

At the end of my pregnancy I moaned constantly about being big, aching, not being able to sleep etc etc...

Now he is 12 weeks and I wouldn't mind if he popped back in there for a day so I could have a nice sleep and a cup of tea wink

Congrats on your baby, they will be here before you know it! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now