Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bad cramps and loss of symptoms at 8 weeks

(8 Posts)
Porcupinetree Mon 06-Jun-16 10:14:51

I'm exactly 8 weeks today and after being slightly paranoid that I had started losing symptoms last week I have woke up to bad cramps. No blood just really bad period style cramps (although I did have a couple of spells of black/brown spotting back at about five weeks accompanied by right sided cramps).

With my 2yo DD I had no cramping at all, no blood and pretty strong nausea and sickness throughout first and second trimesters.

Is it worth contacting my doctor or anything, I've not even seen a midwife yet.

Has anybody experienced similar, is there any hope for a healthy pregnancy?

Jenjen85 Mon 06-Jun-16 11:42:49

Didnt want to read and run. I didn't experience cramps or spotting with DD but currently 27weeks and had spotting with this pregnancy also my symptoms kept coming and going whereas i was sick from 6weeks with DD until 18weeks.

AnUtterIdiot Mon 06-Jun-16 12:33:08

Symptoms do come and go. Period style cramps are not uncommon. Even bleeding isn't uncommon. Even bleeding heavily doesn't necessarily mean a miscarriage. I would get registered with a midwife asap (speak to your GP) and/or ask your GP to refer you to the Early Pregnancy Unit for a scan. It's likely that nothing's gone wrong at all but no bad thing to put your mind at rest.

NeedACleverNN Mon 06-Jun-16 12:36:01

I had terrible cramps with both of mine around 8 weeks and panicked I was losing them (have had 3 miscarriages) but it was just my uterus stretching

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 06-Jun-16 12:47:51

I had cramps quite a lot at this stage and no sickness etc - all was fine. I don't think there's much point in a GP appointment unless you can establish first whether they would send you for a scan in these circs - as far as I know they won't without bleeding?

Could you afford a private scan for reassurance?

Porcupinetree Mon 06-Jun-16 16:30:40

Cramps are a bit better now so am optimistic. Thanks for replies.

Porcupinetree Sat 11-Jun-16 08:55:33

Just to say started spotting last night and I have been booked in for scan at EPU on Monday.

I was told that pain OR bleeding is enough to see you scanned etc so wanted to urge anyone else who has bad cramps in early pregnancy to get checked out.

m33r Sun 12-Jun-16 13:53:14

Let us know how you get on tomorrow OP X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now