Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dealing with chemical pregnancy...

(5 Posts)
Lauralau10 Mon 06-Jun-16 08:47:59

Hi all

I got my BFP yesterday and was so excited - i was worried though as all the symptoms I had had worn off a little and I was spotting. As there were no cramps, I didn't think much of it - what will be will be after all.

This morning, I woke up to heavy bleeding, clots and 2 x bfn, not even a hint of a line in either so I'm assuming I've had a chemical pregnancy.

I'm absolutely beside myself about it and I'm so terrified of it happening again - not to mention my OH wants to wait ttc now until Christmas! sadsad

How do you deal with this!?

blue2014 Tue 07-Jun-16 08:03:20

I'm so sorry you are going through this, I'm sorry I've no real advice but all I can say is take time to look after yourself and allow yourself that time to mourn

CocklesandMussels Tue 07-Jun-16 08:25:47

Laura I'm sorry to hear this. It's really hard, seeing a line only to have it disappear again. It has happened to me (more than once) and to a lot of others on here. Personally, I found the worst thing was that I didn't know if it would happen again or whether I would ever get pregnant 'properly', rather than grief for that particular pregnancy, if that makes sense. Everyone is different though. Look after yourself. What I can say is that it WILL get better and it is overwhelmingly likely that you will have a successful pregnancy in the future. If it helps to know, I'm now 17 weeks with twins.
Wishing you all the best with it flowers

10storeylovesong Sat 11-Jun-16 17:42:47

Big hugs.

I've had 3 chemical pregnancies this year following 2 years of infertility. The first one was by far the hardest as it was a week from my BFP to bleeding, and I allowed myself to believe it would be OK. The second two were slightly easier. People seem to think that a chemical isn't a real miscarriage as it's so early, but it certainly felt like it to me. Allow yourself to grieve properly.

I found out on Wednesday that I'm pregnant again. I know there's still a chance of it happening again but something feels different this time, and I'm just praying it sticks.

Allow your dh time to grieve as well. I think men don't know how best to deal with it, and maybe he thinks that giving you some time will be best?

Whatevernext001 Sat 11-Jun-16 18:04:32

I'm sorry you've gone through this. It happened to me last cycle almost exactly the same as you. It was heartbreaking and I felt like such a fool for getting excited and believing we had done it. Have had some TLC from DH and a trip away to get some time on our own and I would recommend it to you just so you can talk it through together. My next hurdle is dealing with the fear of it happening again but trying to keep a positive attitude. Big hugs and look after yourself x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now