Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton Hicks

(6 Posts)
caroline580 Sat 04-Jun-16 17:31:16

I am 38weeks pregnant and I can't say I have felt any BH contractions yet, what do they feel like? Has anyone else not had these so close to the due date?

socktastic Sat 04-Jun-16 17:42:41

Hi I'm 36 weeks and had them a fair few times. Some of them have been pain free and others been accompanied by a bit of cramping but non have been painfully unbearable yet. The first few I noticed started off as a sort of throbbing sensation over my bump, my muscles have separated so has mostly been up the sides and not so much at the bottom. My tummy then goes really hard then loosens off after about 30-40 seconds. Sometimes they're just isolated but other times I've had 4 or 5 in the period of an hour.
You might be lucky and not get any!
Hope this helps x

newmummy580 Sat 04-Jun-16 17:51:46

Thank you, I haven't had anything like this yet. Perhaps I will be lucky and not have any. I wonder if it is uncommon not to have any? Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Xx

GenevaJoey Sat 04-Jun-16 18:36:14

I'm 39+5 weeks and I've not had any, as far as I know.hmm Not sure the baby is ever going to come!

newmummy580 Sat 04-Jun-16 18:57:15

Thanks that's reassuring! I'm starting to feel that way too, good luck smile

bessie84 Sat 04-Jun-16 19:30:00

35 weeks with pregnancy number 4 and i dont think ive ever had one. i certainly dont get what people describe. i sometimes get period like cramps but not what people say are BH. hmmmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now