Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant wit implant ?

(5 Posts)
Rachel2405 Sat 04-Jun-16 16:10:49

Had a faint positive pregnancy test yesterday. Done a first response test today and again a really faint line. I had the implant put in 6 months ago and thought this was pretty reliable. I'm hoping I'm not pregnant but why else would even a faint line show up ? Anyone ever had false positive or become pregnant on the implant? Thanks

MagpieCursedTea Sat 04-Jun-16 21:06:26

If you got a line that came up within the time limit then you're pregnant. Especially if you've had two tests. False positives are pretty rare. You can triple check with a digital if you want to be sure but they don't always show positive until hcg concentrations are higher.
The implant is pretty effective but it's not 100%. Maybe get yourself a doctors appointment? All the best!

Rachel2405 Sun 05-Jun-16 08:24:29

Thanks for your reply. I have done another test this morning which is now negative. I'm having cramping too so am guessing I conceived but it hasn't stuck. I will make app to see Dr as am panicking now about how effective the implant is. I already have 4 children and really don't want any more ! Thank you for taking the time to answer me xx

Aukse123 Sun 05-Jun-16 21:31:17

Please help!!!!i had depo provera injection and i want to know how fast i cann get pregnant because we want baby but i am three month no period and i dont use nothing my depo finish on 5 of march.maybe someone hawe expirence with that

Stardust160 Sun 05-Jun-16 21:36:33

It can be common to have an early miscarriage where you've been pregnant and for whatever reasons your body has been unable to support the pregnancy hence the cramping and negative pregnancy tes following a positive test. I had the implant twice and had no issues but I would suggest they look at if the implant has been placed incorrectly (too deep) or if it's been damaged.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now