Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is this normal?

(10 Posts)
kiwi10 Sat 04-Jun-16 15:26:40

For the past few days baby has become extremely quiet! I am 39 weeks and I have felt a few movements feels more like elbows or knees as such. But it happens at night time really but during the day she would be quiet for hours and then move ever so slightly and then not again for hours is this because I'm coming to the end? It was only last week where she wouldn't stop wriggling all day everyday! hmm

NeedACleverNN Sat 04-Jun-16 15:28:16

Some say babies slow down just before labour or at the end of the pregnancy, however if you are worried even a little bit, please go and see a midwife

Better to be safe than sorry

bessie84 Sat 04-Jun-16 15:51:02

better to get checked out hun.

x

Sanch1 Sat 04-Jun-16 16:09:14

Movement DOES NOT slow down or stop towards the end. It can change, so pushes or wriggles rather than kicks but it should still move as much. Please call triage now and go in to be checked, especially if its been a few days, its really important you do.

Alb1 Sat 04-Jun-16 16:11:39

It's not normal, you should deffiently get checked out, I'm sure they will want you to go straight in. I'm sure it'll be nothing to worry about but it deffiently needs checking smile

MintyBojingles Sat 04-Jun-16 16:19:08

Movement should NOT slow down towards the end. Phone triage ASAP and get checked. It might be nothing to worry about, but best let them check you out

www.tommys.org/pregnancy-information/symptom-checker/my-babys-movements-have-slowed-down

RaeSkywalker Sat 04-Jun-16 16:23:42

Please get checked. I hope that everything is ok.

GlitteryFluff Sat 04-Jun-16 17:19:19

Always worth getting checked out.

caroline580 Sat 04-Jun-16 17:27:47

I am 38+6 days pregnant. My baby was really wriggly at the beginning of the week and although he is still wriggling he is a lot less wriggly today/yesterday. Not sure what this means but I am not too concerned my baby moves quite randomly. I think you should get checked if you are worried though. My baby hasn't had a pattern to his movements at all throughout the whole pregnancy, so I think this is why I am not so concerned. My midwife said its because my placenta is at the front so this may stop me feeling as much movement.

Pinkheart5915 Sat 04-Jun-16 17:34:48

Defiantly get it checked out could be nothing but always better to get it checked out.
My first pregnancy ended in heart ache and I wish I'd got it check out sooner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now