Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So confused....

(8 Posts)
Harribo29 Thu 02-Jun-16 17:33:37

Hi everyone.

Thank you in advance for help on this one... my husband and I are ttc for almost a year now. Theres no pressure, we're just seeing how it goes. So I got my period on the 10th May 2016 and then bled again on the 23rd May 2016. The bleeding started dark and light then it got heavier. No clots or cramps. I've taken 7 pregnancy tests and all showing positive but I'm afraid to get excited as it could easily be an early pregnancy loss too. What do you all think and how long does hcg stay in your body to show a positive test??

SpeakNoWords Thu 02-Jun-16 17:46:21

If you've had several positive pregnancy tests, then I would say that it's likely you are pregnant. Has the bleeding stopped now, and are you still getting positive tests?

Harribo29 Thu 02-Jun-16 18:07:10

Hi SpeakNoWords,

Yes bleeding has stopped and still getting positive pregnancy tests. Took a digital one at is read Pregnant 1-2 weeks but I'm afraid it's the hcg hormone giving me a false positive if I've already lost...

SpeakNoWords Thu 02-Jun-16 18:27:20

I think it's not possible to tell if your hormone levels are rising or falling tbh. But seeing as the bleeding has stopped and you're still getting positives, I wouldn't be overly pessimistic. All you can do really is wait and see what happens flowers

elliej83 Thu 02-Jun-16 18:36:47

This happened to me and it was a chemical pregnancy. If you go to the doctors they can do a blood test to check your hcg levels and then repeat in 3 days and see if they have risen or fallen. It's the quickest way to find out as urine tests can show positive for about 3 weeks after a chemical pregnancy. You are extremely fertile after a chemical pregnancy apparently I got pregnant in the cycle straight after. So even if it's the worst give it a good go next month. Think of you xxx

neonrainbow Thu 02-Jun-16 18:40:42

Could it be implantation bleeding?

Harribo29 Fri 03-Jun-16 01:24:27

Thanks everyone for your reply. I appreciate your input as I'm so lost as to know what to do and I'm sure you can understand why the wait is killing me. I'm not sure if it's implantation bleeding as it was quite heavy but not cramping or clotting. The lines on the pregnancy tests have gotten gradually stronger... 😕😞

seven201 Fri 03-Jun-16 02:00:19

Do as Ellie says and go to the gp and they'll probably do the blood tests. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now