Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please read x

(10 Posts)
132xx Wed 01-Jun-16 20:58:31

Hi everyone,

Please don't judge! Wasn't sure about posting, I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant and i couldn't be happier smile although i've got a little worry going on, my last period started between the 16th dec and the 19th dec 2015 my cycle is no longer than 28 days can jump from 22-28 but never longer than 28 days, i had sex with my ex boyfriend from the 26th dec 2015 a good few times up until my period was suppose to start but on the 9th jan i stupidly slept with someone else! I'm not proud of it, i have a feeling my ex partner is the father as all dates match to him but still got them doubts what if the scan dates are a little off, i had my first scan on the 15th march 2016 i was 12 weeks 6 days taking me to the 16th dec meaning i got pregnant round about the 30th dec 2015, they gave me the due date the 21st September 2016, they also kept the dates and due date the same at my 20 week scan. What do others think? xx

elliej83 Wed 01-Jun-16 21:22:16

Didn't want to read and run. Sperm can stay alive in you for up to 7 days and the measurements dates aren't that reliable. I'm 2 weeks further ahead according to the doctors than was physically possible as my partner was away with work for two weeks. The only way you will know is paternity test unless you used contraception with either partner?

Lurkedforever1 Wed 01-Jun-16 21:28:32

I don't think you can predict who the father is until you can test. Whilst it won't be easy I think all you can do is tell both of them for now.

132xx Wed 01-Jun-16 21:28:48

The guy a slept with on the 9th was also a few days before my periods or i could have already missed my period but for a 28 day cycle it was one week before my period was suppose to start if it was 28 days that month. I started getting pregnancy symptoms that following week not sure if it happens that fast. Daftly i never used anything silly silly girl i know.

elliej83 Wed 01-Jun-16 21:34:16

You can get pregnant a few days before your period. The worst thing you can do is tell your ex it's his as you can't be 100% sure. You need to be honest.

5BlueHydrangea Wed 01-Jun-16 21:38:31

I had pregnancy symptoms with mine 3 days after conception... But as already said, no way of knowing for sure until you can conclusively test. Unless the potential fathers are different skin colours then you just need to wait until the birth!

132xx Wed 01-Jun-16 21:46:01

They both know having known for a while my ex partner has been there for me through everything even though he knows there could be a chance she's not his, the other guy he couldn't care less really. Thanks for your replies.

elliej83 Wed 01-Jun-16 21:50:28

Fingers crossed for you it's a positive outcome xxxxx

132xx Wed 01-Jun-16 21:51:26

Thanks so much xxxx

Lurkedforever1 Wed 01-Jun-16 22:07:56

But from what you say about your ex, even if he isn't the biological father and the other is a tosser, if he's been there for you so far then sounds like someone you and your baby can rely on, no matter the outcome smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now