Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

C section choices team?

(2 Posts)
Isitmeyourlooking4 Tue 31-May-16 09:20:01

Iv just met my consultant who has agreed to a c section. I have to meet with a choices team? Does anyone know anything about this? What happens?

Blackpoollassy Thu 02-Jun-16 09:44:10

I have no idea sorry as ours are called 'mode of birth' clinic and are there really to dissuade you from having a c section. Not great when you've made your choice.

Has the consultant definitely agreed but has to follow a set protocol and this is it? And ultimately you''ll get sent back to them for final sign-off?

This has just happened to me but for vbac. My consultant said i could have one but said i'd still have to go to the clinic and follow protocol, but that eventually i'd end up back with her and she'd consent to one.
I'm a bit cross actually as i have access to the internal policies and procedures in the Trust and they use the terminology 'negotiate' with the woman about vbac/c section. Its never meant to be a 'negotiation'. It's about them providing us with the information to enable informed choice. Mini rant over.

Hope this helps a little and it makes sense?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now