Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What are your pregnancy essentials?

(23 Posts)
Tealeaf321 Mon 30-May-16 20:53:57

I'm feeling fed up so online shopping for some unnecessary essentials. So far I've got bump band and maturnity pillow. Is there anything that eased your pregnancy that I may find useful? Also any reccomentations for maternity clothes? Have looked at the usual high street stores but found that everything is so mummsy, I want to feel like I'm still me. smile

PinkParsnips Mon 30-May-16 20:59:18

H&M and Asos do some nice maternity clothes. It's just a pain most places you have to order online.

As for things that made pregnancy easier -

shed loads of Gaviscon!!
Sleep bras

MintyBojingles Mon 30-May-16 20:59:49

Gaviscon and comfy undies!

BikeRunSki Mon 30-May-16 21:00:06

Ice lollies.
Primark stretchy Ts and soft cup sports bras.
H&m Mama range. The widest selection of maternity wear (from any shop) is online.

Sanch1 Mon 30-May-16 21:00:15

I've pretty much got all my maternity clothes from New Look. Mostly online but they do deliver to store so i try it all on when i collect and send straight back if no good.

HappyGirl86 Mon 30-May-16 21:05:55

I agree on New Look and ASOS for clothes. I also had a few bits from George at Asda.
I'd recommend lots of gaviscon as an essential! I had a maternity pillow but I also bought a physio knee pillow off eBay for £5. It's a funny shaped memory foam pillow that you put between your knees and it helps to keep your hips parallel, therefore reducing pain in your hips and piriformis muscle. I had a lot of pain and this helped to make sleep a bit more comfortable. You can use a normal pillow but this is the perfect size and didn't keep slipping from between my legs.

tessiegirl Mon 30-May-16 21:06:21

I loved my maternity pillow - a great buy!

I liked tops and tunics to wear with leggings (comfy) and dresses from Purpless Maternity online. Really good value and nice stuff which fits and washes well smile Would highly recommend.

Plus Bio Oil! I smothered it on everyday and I haven't got one stretchmark!

HappyGirl86 Mon 30-May-16 21:06:59

Oh you may also want to get some anti stretch mark cream. I'm not sure if they really work but it's worth a try!

unlimiteddilutingjuice Mon 30-May-16 21:15:07

"Primark stretchy Ts and soft cup sports bras."

Definately!
Primark also do some great stretchy tube skirts. They were my go to item through 2 pregnancies. So comfy, smart enough for workwear at a pinch and a fiver a pop!

moobeana Mon 30-May-16 21:40:02

Next under bump jeans. In summer I found the over bump ones too hot and they just slipped too much. Under bump so much better!

BikeRunSki Mon 30-May-16 21:41:27

Oh yes! I used tube mini skirts as bump bands!

ThatsNotEvenAWord Mon 30-May-16 21:42:16

Ice cream

Britnyspears Mon 30-May-16 21:43:51

Jeans- asos and h&m
Theraline pillow
Those lycra stretchy bras for day and night
Various packs of pants in ever increasinf sizes! I was 10 now on size 16!
Now getting into cotton lycra dresses from H&M
Large primark pjs
And cake, lots of cake

cheapredwine Mon 30-May-16 21:56:09

Pantyliners (Always unscented non-plasticky ones in a bright green box)
Palmers Cocoa butter lotion
Comfy bras in a ridiculous range of sizes
eBay for Seraphine dresses for work at fraction of new cost
Yorkshire tea decaf bags

PickledLilly Tue 31-May-16 22:45:30

I second the ice cream!

icedcherrytea Wed 01-Jun-16 10:53:04

Ice cream with strawberries and spray cream.

Big granny pants and bra.

Gaviscon yes yes. Boots own brand is thicker and cheaper.

Sleep mask.

Vicks vapour rub.

Posh bath bubbles.

soundsystem Wed 01-Jun-16 18:50:29

Definitely comfy stretchy bras

I liked Topshop Leigh maternity jeans - really comfy but smart enough for work

IKEA lingonberry and something (black currant maybe) fizzy drink. It comes in a 750ml bottle and tastes a bit like prosecco with Chambord in it! I had that at a lot of barbecues and Summer parties.

Deep Freeze patches. Like Deep Heat, but cold. I stuck these on my back and my ribs and they were lovely

SusanAndBinkyRideForth Wed 01-Jun-16 18:53:45

Gaviscon and chocolate

biddybid73 Wed 01-Jun-16 18:57:53

Top Shop for jeans - comfy and trendy. Definitely worth the investment

hellooo1 Wed 01-Jun-16 20:49:09

Gaviscon or Rennies for towards the end!
I got some lovely maternity dresses from new lookflowers

MyMrKnightley Wed 01-Jun-16 21:01:49

Next maternity jeans are lovely.
Also husbands next boxers are the best underwear ever.

frikadela01 Thu 02-Jun-16 09:49:15

Boots own version of gaviscon... seems to be more effective.

Also second purpless maternity online. I've had some really nice nursig tops that fit lovely and will be used afterwards for breastfeeding.

Dollface136 Thu 02-Jun-16 11:23:05

Palmer's Cocoa butter. I was dry as a husk without it!
If you work in an office get them to get you a back support for your chair as well. I found that helped with posture and back pain so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now