Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Midwife appts falling in holiday time

(10 Posts)
Twinklelittlestar1 Sat 28-May-16 09:16:58

Hi all,

My partner and I have a motorhome and are hoping to go away for three weeks in the summer when I'll be between 25-27 weeks pregnant.

Will they let me do the 25 week appointment a week earlier do you think? Or is it ok to miss one? Don't want to give up a week of my holiday as my partner and I won't get this chance again for a long time. Thanks

mangocoveredlamb Sat 28-May-16 09:18:08

Yes, just book the last one available before you leave.

KayTee87 Sat 28-May-16 09:18:14

They will probably let you rearrange, just phone and ask. Don't just miss one though. Enjoy your holiday.

Twinklelittlestar1 Sat 28-May-16 09:23:26

Ah ok I'll try to get one at the end of my 24th week then, otherwise it'll be almost the 28th week anyway. Thanks.

kiki22 Sat 28-May-16 09:51:29

I got one of my app a week early because I was going to see mw for something else so she done the bloods urine etc then to save me coming back she said a week wouldn't make any difference.

ohidoliketobe Sat 28-May-16 09:52:54

Yeah just book a week earlier/ later. I'm away for my 28 week one so having it at 29 weeks

balalalala Sat 28-May-16 10:32:13

My midwife told me to book for 24 weeks rather than 25 anyway so it's no problem.

wonkylegs Sat 28-May-16 10:35:14

They aren't set in stone and often naturally run a bit early/late due to appointment availability so should be completely fine

bluecarpet Sat 28-May-16 10:40:01

Will be fine unless you develop a complication that needs close monitoring but in that case your travel insurance should pay out.

beckslovestimmy Sat 28-May-16 16:08:13

Should be fine, if you a second time mum in my area you don't get an appointment at 25 weeks. It's scan at 20 weeks and next midwife app at 28 weeks. I'm sure they won't mind you going a bit early. Give them a call and see what they say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now