Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Currently freaking out! - What are the chances I'm pregnant?

(6 Posts)
xDooHickey Sat 28-May-16 05:17:48

I know the answer to this question already but I'm currently completely freaking out - I've been feeling incredibly nauseous, sleepy, and emotional the past couple days; things I've associated with an upcoming period and personal things.

I thought it was due to me taking Folic Acid late at night (I take it along with epilepsy medication in case of pregnancy) but I've been doing that for weeks and it hasn't bothered me. I decided against taking some tonight to see if that was the issue, but I still feel nauseous.

It's now only occurred to me that I've had sex this month (2nd to last day of period). We used protection, no breaks, no tearing, no leaking. Could I be pregnant?

Stupid question, I know I could be. Why this couldn't have crossed my mind at a time when shops are open I don't know. But I'm completely and uttering freaking out.

All I've done this month is drink and smoke, I've been completely stressed and I didn't want to be blessed with another child yet due to medication I'm taking, my weight, my anxiety and other personal things. What do I do? How do I stop myself from freaking out for another 6 hours or so?

The reason I'm freaking out most is that I just don't believe me or the father is ready for another blessing of a child.

We lost our beautiful daughter nearly 2 years ago. She had just turned two and we're still coming to terms with the loss. Her 4th birthday just passed and the anniversary of her death is coming up.

I'm freaking out. I know I shouldn't, I know I need to wait until I can go to a store and buy a test. But I just can't help but feel so scared.

I just needed to write... Something.

icklekid Sat 28-May-16 05:26:48

If you used protection it is unlikely you arr pregnant- most symptoms like sickness don't start straight away regardless. However I'm confused why your taking folic acid incase you get pregnant if you don't want to be pregnant!

xDooHickey Sat 28-May-16 05:33:54

Due to my epilepsy medication, it can cause an array of medical problems to the unborn child - Folic Acid lowers that dramatically. When I was first diagnosed, they asked if I planned on having more children, I said 'yes hopefully', and told me to take it along with my medication so it's always in my system.

I know my anxiety is probably just making me insane right now but I just needed to vent somewhere >_<

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Sat 28-May-16 06:00:15

I've had sex this month (2nd to last day of period). We used protection, no breaks, no tearing, no leaking. Could I be pregnant?

Unlikely, really unlikely, but not zero. Take a test to confirm you're not pregnant. In future can you use a contraception more reliable than condoms?

icklekid Sat 28-May-16 06:06:31

Sorry just wanted to add really sorry for the loss of your dd flowers

Fair enough about folic acid, hope you can get a pregnancy test to reassure yourself soon. Take care

thecatsarecrazy Sat 28-May-16 07:27:13

I think its pretty unlikely if you used protection. You are just getting yourself worked up x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now