Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

constantly hungry

(7 Posts)
angie0226 Wed 25-May-16 13:21:50

I'm 23 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby however my youngest is 9 next week so there has been a gap between pregnancy's also I have 3 boys and found out I'm now having a baby girl. My worry is that I'm constantly hungry! I was never so hungry in my other pregnancy's, from what I can remember, and I'm just worried as I was never the slimmest girl before. It's not just wanting the odd snack I am hungry every waking minute. I can never get full. This started last week and I was just wondering if anybody else I'd feeling like this.

Cakescakescakes Wed 25-May-16 13:29:47

Totally normal. I was constantly ravenous when pregnant at different stages. And would feel really ill if I didn't eat every 90mims or so. Bananas, nuts, toast....and yes biscuits....! Try and eat filling things rather than junk. I used to eat lots of porridge and granola at all times of day. And night....!

angie0226 Wed 25-May-16 14:04:14

I've never had granola but I will give it a try. I'm not eating in the night, thank god lol, but from the minute I wake I'm hungry

Flossiesmummy Wed 25-May-16 21:10:45

I'm 34 weeks and permanently hungry. I want to eat everything, yet I hate food. I'm off bread, some types of cheese, crisps, cake, tea and coffee, anything dry like crackers.

I could live off baked mushrooms and pears all day every day.

mikesh909 Wed 25-May-16 23:21:53

13 weeks and I have had this pretty much from the start. If it wasn't for the endless eating, I imagine my clothes would all still be fitting mine at this stage...

I was a normal size 10-12 before this. Cannot imagine how huge I will be by the end.

janenoble Thu 26-May-16 00:55:11

Hi there,
I understand the worry with regards to eating habits, weight and the desire to eat the whole house because of the little wriggly bean in your stomach!
Maybe it would help you if you created an area in your fridge for items which are already chopped, and ready for you to pick on. E.g. Celery, carrots, yogurt, frozen yogurt drops, Oranges, banana's, grapes, (frozen grapes) yknow, things you can pick at until your hearts content.
Stuff that has a great nutritional value for both you and baby.

bippitybopityboo Thu 26-May-16 15:44:33

I was like this too however I'm not 33 weeks and baby is using up so much room I'm full after half of what I would normally eat! Maybe just eat what you need to now it could even its self out later on smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now