Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hypermisis - need help

(7 Posts)
Abella Sun 22-May-16 21:16:51

Hello second pregnancy second hypermisis. Baby all fine but sickness is OUT of control.
Have been put on cyclizine - had hallucinations- then changed to Dom peridone - didn't work- now on metroclaphromide- not working. They won't put me on an IV but does anyone have any advice re : meds that work!? Thanks
Ps) was being sick up untill literally giving birth on last pregnancy so not hopeful it will wear off

BikeRunSki Sun 22-May-16 21:21:57

Have you seen this website www.pregnsncysicknesssupport.prg.uk
I totally sympathise - Biryhday my pg were HG, but stopped around 16 weeks?

Why won't they out you on IV? I spent several weeks in hospital on IV. The only drug that had any effect on me at all was IV cyclizine, but it was rather trippy.

There's an HG support thread too on the ph boards, they were lovely to me when I need them.

BikeRunSki Sun 22-May-16 21:23:14

Actually, metroclopromide (sp??) was pretty good in my first pg.

BikeRunSki Sun 22-May-16 21:29:16

Longstanfing HG support thread. I hope you can find some refuge and help here. HG is so utterly miserable, particularly second time round with another child to look after.

Rocket1982 Mon 23-May-16 00:37:13

The strongest is odanesteron and it sounds like you might need it! With HG this time I have been on cyclazine, which was marginally effective, and metrochlopromide, which for me made things even worse. Now on omeprazole, a stomach acid inhibitor, which is not a very common drug for HG but was recommended by a GP who had HG herself. It works pretty well for me combined with cyclazine! I also recommend the hyperemesis support thread. Hope you get some relief soon!

Abella Mon 23-May-16 17:08:34

Thanks for everyone's replies and support. Just left triage and Just been prescribed and metroclaphromide and odanesteron so I'm Hoping! Thanks again

RiverCambs Mon 23-May-16 19:19:40

Get yourself down to A&E and absolutely insist they give you fluids. I had HG with my first and it was an absolute nightmare - no one took me seriously until I vomited the blood (had nothing else left) literally in front of their eyes.

You really have to work for treatment because the docs are bloody useless in knowing what to do with Hyperemesis and it's essential that you stay hydrated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now