Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

herniated disc, allergic to most medicine and my wits end

(4 Posts)
JustineCh1980 Sat 21-May-16 18:33:10

Really looking for some advice / or to hear from someone who has been in the same situation. I'm at my wits end sad I'm 28 weeks and have always had back issues but rather excruciating the osteopath I see weekly says it's a herniated disc and being pregnant isn't helping at all. The only pain relief I can have is paracetamol I am allergic to codeine and they won't give me anything new as I seem to be allergic to more and more things since becoming pregnant.
I have tried cool gel, massages, heat pads, crutches, even changed my car to an automatic. the osteopath offers some relief but only for a few hours. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've got a belt to wear as also had spd in last pregnancy and it feels like that's starting again too.
How am I going to get through labour if it's still like this. Osteopath said maybe a c section and I have an appt with the consultant to talk about pain relief and my bloody allergic reactions
I feel like crying all the time as its just debilitating
Thanks for reading the lost whining post confused

AveEldon Sun 22-May-16 08:19:07

Have you seen an NHS physio?

You can ask your GP for a pain clinic referral - they may be able to suggest other options

JustineCh1980 Sun 22-May-16 14:27:57

Hi yes I've had physio with the nhs a few times. I've been to see emergency dr who sent me to mcu. In now being admitted to have an mri scan tomorrow.

AveEldon Sun 22-May-16 14:43:57

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now