Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Unprotected sex during pregnancy

(6 Posts)
OddBodQuestioner Fri 20-May-16 14:29:14

30 weeks tomorrow and my sex drive is currently on a high, so myself and my OH are having sex (much to his delight!) a fair few times a week. But my anxiety is kicking in, as I was recently diagnosed with strep B, and now I am becoming worried that I have been silly having unprotected sex and I'm going to introduce and infection of some sort that will harm myself or the baby. I know this is all a bit silly and irrational, but a nurse doing my swabs mentioned the risk of just having a speculum exam, and I've had a lot more than a speculum in there in recent weeks grin

Is this anything to really worry about?

AnUtterIdiot Fri 20-May-16 14:33:59

I thought the mucus plug protected the baby from anything introduced into the ol' vagine. Unless your partner is having unprotected sex with someone else, and it doesn't sound like he'd have the energy grin then I would think you'd be fine.

Personally I cannot wait for the second trimester horn - have been too tired and queasy to do more than think about sex for the last 6 weeks...

MintyBojingles Fri 20-May-16 14:35:06

Nothing to worry about if it's your usual partner and you e not been told to stay off sex!

littlemonkey5 Fri 20-May-16 14:40:06

no, nothing to be remotely worried about.

I've had strep in at least 3/5 pregnancies and the babies have been fine. I don't think DS3 would be here if we didn't DTD the day before he arrived (I'm sure they would have needed to go get him is what I mean).

The only infection I got was UTIs but that was nothing to do with sex.

Don't get too worried about cramping afterwards though unless there is a pattern to the cramps or if it gets really painful. I also wouldn't be alarmed if there was a smear of blood either but any more, I'd go for a check-up.

Slow is the way to go.... no swinging from anything - save that for TTC the next one! lol

Pinkheart5915 Fri 20-May-16 14:46:11

Nothing to be worried about unless you've been told not to have sex.

Me and DH have been having unprotected sex, I'm 28 weeks

OddBodQuestioner Fri 20-May-16 18:47:48

Phew, thanks for the replies that has definitely put my mind at ease! I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts, the way I've been feeling for the past few days I may be out of action soon! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now