Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Constant illness!!

(7 Posts)
MyBreadIsEggy Fri 20-May-16 07:50:00

Does anyone else seem to be getting illness after illness while they are pregnant?!
I'm 16 weeks pg with dc2, and I seem to be catching every illness going.
First I had a horrible flu-like thing, then I got a sickness & diarrhoea bug, then my dr diagnosed tonsillitis and now I have shingles and a throat infection hmm
Is my immune system just shit because I'm pregnant?!

bessie84 Fri 20-May-16 11:59:11

im sorry your poorly all the time, but at the same time, im so relieved it isnt just me, this has been a constant for me too, now 32 weeks and i have been starting to question my own sanity, recently been going mental washing towels and bedding excessively and cleaning house like i must be doing something wrong. its one week to the next for us. we have 2dcs and it just keeps getting passed round and round.

im presuming, like you say its cos our immune systems arent right good right now. sleep sleep sleep, drink drink drink.

hope you pick up soon

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 20-May-16 13:57:09

Thanks for replying!
It's so crap! Exactly like you say, illness just seems to be passing from person to person in my house - and always seem to get the worst of it!! angry

Swanclaw Fri 20-May-16 14:01:29

I'm sure I read somewhere that for the first trimester your immunity dips (maybe so the foetus isn't rejected?)

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 20-May-16 16:48:31

Swan I think I've read that too....I'm 17 weeks now so hopefully my immune system will Buck up its ideas soon!!! sad

Swanclaw Fri 20-May-16 21:26:46

Hope you're feeling better soon flowers

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 20-May-16 21:29:06

Thank you, I hope so too!
Feeling like death this evening, but I've been sat with my head over a steaming bowl to try and relieve some of the woolly feeling in my head, and drank lots of hot water with lemon and honey, and taken the anti-viral drugs my dr prescribed. Hoping I will wake up feeling a bit more like a human being and less like a zombie in the morning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now