Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

11 weeks and painful cramping

(6 Posts)
Pops1985 Thu 19-May-16 14:31:28

I realise that if something is going to go wrong there isn't anything to be done but the cramping is pretty painful. I am not spotting but I do have quite a heavy feeling down below, as if I am about to come on. I had cramping in early pregnancy but nothing for the last few weeks. Is this normal or should I expect the worst? Thanks!

Lbee123 Thu 19-May-16 14:37:54

I had cramping on and off until around 16 weeks I think. Some days it was quite painful, like bad period pain?

Everything was fine and my 3 month old is snuggled up asleep on me at the moment.

Pops1985 Thu 19-May-16 14:55:16

Thank so much Lbee, yes it just feels like bad period pain. Its not really sharp, more like a constant ache. I will keep an eye out for spotting and as long as no bleeding I will stay home :-)

Lbee123 Thu 19-May-16 14:59:06

You could maybe call your local hospital if they have a early pregnancy clinic for reassurance (I remember the constant worrying well!!) but I was almost obsessive with research as I was convinced the pain couldn't be normal. Everything I read pointed to it being quite common so as long as there is no bleeding and the pain isn't very severe I'd try not to worry too much.

EllenDegenerate Thu 19-May-16 15:21:57

I'm 11 weeks with my fifth and I'm experiencing the same thing, I think I did with number three as well and he's a happy healthy 4yo now.
It makes me feel rather I'll though, however I think it's relatively normal.
Sharp pains should never be ignored, cramping pains are par for the course.
Hope this helps smile

AnUtterIdiot Thu 19-May-16 15:41:44

I just want to add that if you do get bleeding or spotting, that's not necessarily a disaster either. Obviously it shouldn't be ignored either, but you'll find many posts in the archives from people who had pretty bad/consistent bright red bleeding and cramping whose kids are now 6 years old smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now