Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39+ weeks...bad diarrhea & nausea

(6 Posts)
Lulu1502 Wed 18-May-16 08:43:22

Hi
Just some advice..first time pregnancy and I'm currently 39+3 weeks and I've been experiencing horrendous diarrhea with really bad stomach cramps (not period pains), also bad nausea to the point I feel I'm going to be sick but not vomiting.. could this be early labour or just stomach bug??

Stom91 Wed 18-May-16 08:51:50

Could be the 'flush out' the body has before labour starts. Keep an eye on it. If in doubt ring your midwife xx

Lulu1502 Wed 18-May-16 09:44:26

How long does a 'flush out' last before labour do you know? x

Stom91 Wed 18-May-16 11:39:47

No idea. I never had one. If your worried or concerned give your midwife a call. It's what they're there for xx

Keely93 Wed 18-May-16 23:14:16

Mine happened the morning I went into labour/was already in labour. It lasted a few hours(but everyone is different) but even though I didn't know for definite at that point that it was labour I remember being a bit panicky. Good luck if it is! X

Lulu1502 Thu 19-May-16 12:54:08

No unfortunately for me it was the norovirus, unlucky me. Thanks for the advice x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now